Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50k to save you from a couple seconds of cast time and pittance of mana while taking up your second best gear slot?

I guess you'd pay 50k for a teleport, then, ya?
Maybe to the moon, sure.

I know you're a bit of a troll and all, but Gather Shadows is 5 secs, and CoS is castable from inventory, didnt you know that? No self respecting necro actually wears it except on encounters that require poison/disease or perhaps fashion quest. Has a funny look.

Cos has saved my life more times than I can remember. In situations where I would have died had I tried to cast the spell Gather Shadows.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Spyder73 is correct. Circlet from Feign (or Hide, albeit with less reliability) will memblur anything that can't see invisibility, regardless of level. It shouldn't, but it does, as does Sneak--hence why Sneak splitting is so easy on Project1999, as Spyder alluded to. This is easily confirmed in zones with a lot of aggressive high-level roamers that can't see through invisibility, like Western Wastes. Project1999 simply isn't the same as Live was in all cases. With a May 2016 join date, I surmise DMN isn't aware yet of all the differences between Project1999 and Live; his comments would've been correct for mid 2001-era Live EQ.

I could live without a circlet if I had to but it's nicer having one than not and (unlike Beads) the cost isn't out of reach of most players.

Danth
Old 06-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Lol do you people realize that you can spam the CoS while running in a KoS place and never lose invis?

And that this is an ability only matched by rogues and bards?
Old 06-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

DMN didn't understand the mechanics of the instant invis w/ feign, or the mechanics of how instant invisbility actually works with a character in motion. He also didn't understand it was an inventory clickable item, and honestly thought it would take up the head slot for its use.

Confirmed troll, so I'll use his words to describe the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sound like I'm a noob, necro or otherwise.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol do you people realize that you can spam the CoS while running in a KoS place and never lose invis?

And that this is an ability only matched by rogues and bards?
hey look the same guy spamming the same dumb garbage. how many circlets you got on mules, shiller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DMN didn't understand the mechanics of the instant invis w/ feign, or the mechanics of how instant invisbility actually works with a character in motion. He also didn't understand it was an inventory clickable item, and honestly thought it would take up the head slot for its use.

Confirmed troll, so I'll use his words to describe the situation.
Aggro will not be wiped, it will reaggro if the hate list was not wiped when you next break invisibility.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spyder73 is correct. Circlet from Feign (or Hide, albeit with less reliability) will memblur anything that can't see invisibility, regardless of level.
Danth above has what happens involving a feign/CoS use in rapid succession correctly. And it's not a server bug either.

" See now theres this thing, ya all seem to think the coolest part of this is being able to invis while something is standing over you right after standing up from feign and it not getting agro...yer missing the BEST part. The invis is FASTER then that, if you time it JUST right (hitting stand and invis buttons at ALMOST the exact same time...) and said mob doesnt see invis....it will never register you stood up at all until invis breaks. you go from conning indif to conning indif so fast it thinks yer still feigned. "

Morzain from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=26038

That is exactly how it's worked on retail servers ever since the item launched with Kunark. I might not own one here, but I did own one on Brell Serellis (briefly) on a SK so I knew what to expect.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Did you miss the whole" until invis breaks" and later not includd in your quote ".very handy for making quick getaways prior to the feign death changes."
Old 06-17-2016, 07:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
50k to save you from a couple seconds of cast time and pittance of mana while taking up your second best gear slot?

I guess you'd pay 50k for a teleport, then, ya?
Lol you don't have to wear it. It clicks from the inventory like jboots.

Have you ever owned one? Or just bashing out of a reaction formation?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Aggro will not be wiped, it will reaggro if the hate list was not wiped when you next break invisibility.
Even a temporary mem blur is objectively useful, no? Combine with the fact it permanently frees up a slot for a different spell, and you've got an insanely useful item. I can't even take advantage of the mem blur aspect, but I would gladly buy one for my wizard if it were an option.

But please, continue arguing that it's not a great item despite clearly never having used one.
Closed Thread