Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Lets talk Necromancers for a moment.

From older threads, a lot of value was put on Circlet of Shadow. Sometimes so much it was the first item they told the person to buy. Now however, it no longer drops and is worth about 15k.

My question is thus: How much of an improvement to my quality of life as a new Necromancer would the CIrclet of Shadow be? Is it enough that I should farm on my level 40 Necro to get the plat to buy one before starting him?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

No
Old 05-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

from what people told me it's nice to have as a necromancer.
Can you do without it? Yes. Is it nice to have if you have the extra coin? Yes.

No one has ever said to be a necromancer you must have that item. I've never heard that.
(not saying you said that, just saying)

You should focus on hitting 60 with him honestly. Then you can twitch in any raid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus by that point you'll probably have accumulated enough plat to buy it if you wanted. Instead of spending time farming at mid level.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-28-2016 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

when I've watched P1999 videos of necros doing some crazy solo work in dangerous dungeons, I see the circlet get used on the initial breaks of packed rooms a LOT. Aside from that it's a convenience item. I think if I used my necromancer for intensely dangerous dungeon situations I'd want one for sure. Aside from that situation, Jboots + Kromzek telescope for outdoor / indoor gem resetting is all I really need.

If you're set on getting one while the price can still be lowered through bargaining, farm plat while leveling for one for sure. At 40 butcherblock dorfs are splendid with the vendor at the druid rings being used to sell. Buy or get some cheap Cha gear to swap in (crude stein, cat eye bracers) to get your Cha up to where you can sell the bronze 2 handed axe for 4pp - that way you can buy/sell axes to the vendor to reduce your silver/gold weight into plat. At 44 a wide range of guards with fine steel weapons open up to be farmed with your beefy pet. Continue killing, selling, and saving. Another helpful tip would be hunting down a high level mage and paying them for 4-6 10 slot summoned bags and corpse them on a level 1 alt between farming sessions. Making the 11-15k pp for a circlet between level 40-50 would be a breeze with those.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 05-28-2016 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Banned

pre nerf cos is pricelss on a sk/necro

INSTANT INVIS

stand up from FD instant invis

running through VP spam invis, never breaks, if a mob cant see through invis its invaluable and worth more than 15k

15k is a steal right now in 2 years its gonna be worth manastone lvls in value

its legendary

I own a few
Old 05-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From older threads, a lot of value was put on Circlet of Shadow. Sometimes so much it was the first item they told the person to buy. Now however, it no longer drops and is worth about 15k.

My question is thus: How much of an improvement to my quality of life as a new Necromancer would the CIrclet of Shadow be? Is it enough that I should farm on my level 40 Necro to get the plat to buy one before starting him?
I guess you wanted to reroll iksar? I don't think there is any rush; there are so many circlets on the server and only so many Necromancers and SKs. If you get back to 40 on your new necromancer you can worry about buying one.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

No way in hell anyone is buying a circlet for 15k that isn't a moron/too rich and nothing to spend it on. If it was stealth nerfed or something and no one had farmed a ton it, it would be a different story. But apparently the circlet was massively farmed. And a server is only going to have a finite amount of SKs and necros that are actually being actively played.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

DO NOT BUY AT 15K IT IS NOT WORTH IT AT ALL
Old 05-29-2016, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

So the consensus seems to be that it's a great addition for a Necro and enables certain types of gameplay, but that it's not worth what people are asking.

Well, maybe I'll get lucky and find someone selling it for cheaper. I've got 4k in the bank and I'm trying to kil HIll giants in Rathe mountains. They drop great coin, but it's a teeny bit slow since they're still pretty strong. And then there's the fact high level monks in fungi tunics come along and farm for cash too, lol.

I guess we'll see how it goes.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

If you want to be a great necro, you should have it.

I'm using it constantly, when charming, or for resetting the universal spell timer.
Closed Thread