Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:12 AM
Kobold

The 15k asking prices are owners speculating due to the nerf.

The price has not had time enough (apparently) on this server to go back to equilibrium. Wait awhile longer and the prices should go back down to 5-6 or 7k. There are far too many on the server to warrant a 15k price. Maybe several years from now when accounts holding this item go dormant but not now.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

14+ sales the last 24h...
1 of 14 selling for 10k.
1 CoS Sold.

Appears everyone had this super unique idea of hoarding it. Price probably will go down as there seem to be next to no demand for it. Ain't like on live, y'know... 5 years of kunark saw to that.

I wouldn't pay more than maybe 8k for one now.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Don't let the EC fat cats price fix. Wait for it to go down a bit, you'll get by.

<The A-Team>
Old 05-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

I picked one up for 8k. I'm happy with that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just finished buying all the rest of the necro gear. I'll get Jboots myself at 36 or so.

Literally heading out to Cabilis to give them to my Iksar Necro now!
Old 05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

The question is how many of the prenerf vs. post nerf CoS are there? I doubt there are 3 post nerf CoS on the market.

I would guess that there are easily 1000 prenerfs just chilling in peoples banks for the sale to happen.

The idea of it being worth 15k is based on low supply with high demand. Right now there is super high supply and low demand.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Some idiots are demanding 25k. They have no shame trying to fleece people.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Um let's put it like this... The people saying it isn't worth it obviously don't know the true value of it. /laughs , watch what it will cost in 2 to 3 years. Its one of those items you'll slap yourself about later on when the price is ridiculous. Do you need one to play a necro or SK? No, but its uber to have. I haven't played in a few years but I made sure I farmed a few of them, my main sk definitely loves his.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

On live, a few years after they were nerfed , I do recall them being held up by a manastone and tbh they are more useful lol
Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

it's nothing but a nicety item. You can break your own charms with a host of cheap spells. "perma invis" is perhaps th dumbest thing to be concerned about. Necros have both invis types, fear, gates, harmshield, FD.

Generally in groups its better to break charm with FD so you escape the massive charm aggro anyway. And since FD so often fails to clear aggro since the FD nerf looong ago, even the FD-> invis with circlet is of very limited pulling usefulness. Pretty risky to try it solo and then getting a face full of bashes and attacks because hate wasn't wiped and in group you have a buttload of far safer ways to split camps and you dont need it as a crutch.

Additionally, it was easily farmable item. You could farm a bunch in very little time, hence the market is saturated. Things only go up in value as they leave the actual market. So, yes, over the years the circlet will climb in price. But right now it shouldn't be that much higher than pre nerf.

A lot of the peeps in here farmed it and are trying artificially raise the price. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't touch it all at inflated prices, and remember a lot of the peeps posting here are the ones trying to offload their farmed circlets
Last edited by DMN; 05-31-2016 at 08:15 PM..
Old 06-01-2016, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Disclaimer: I'm not in the market for selling or buying a CoS.

Saying it isn't worth what it's trading at is practically rejecting one of the most fundamental pillars/theories of economics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demandsupplycurve.jpg (38.5 KB, 209 views)
Last edited by beel; 06-01-2016 at 06:00 AM..
Closed Thread