03/2011 - Release date of Kunark expansion server

11/2011 - Release date of Red99 PvP server

08/2012 - Release date of Kunark expansion for PvP server

03/2014 - Velious beta announced

04/2015 - Velious release date rescheduled to 08/2015

08/2015 - Release of Velious expansion for both servers

10/2019 - 2nd PvE server "Green" release announced

11/2019 - 3rd PvE server "Teal" release announced

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/2023 - In 8 days we will experience the 8th consecutive year of Velious expansion content while Live servers provide just 8 weeks per expansion set on their TLP servers for Kunark and Velious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"https://youtu.be/c3byJ45i9W8?t=5200" -Nilbog

What can we do to make/try/BETA? a TEAMS based ITEM LOOT server? Let's "GIVE IT A CHANCE"

Even if its a TEST server that will be WIPED after a pre-determined amount of time, it would allow people to TRY SOMETHING NEW AND FRIGHTENING without risk of interfering with Live content?

"https://youtu.be/c3byJ45i9W8?t=5519" -Rogean
"https://youtu.be/c3byJ45i9W8?t=5556" -Rogean

If it has been a "good amount of time" for BLUE to receive a secondary and tertiary server, when can we expect anything for the PvPeople of the project?

How cool would it be to experience a GOOD vs EVIL +1 loot realm on a truly classic server?

How many BLOOMING ONIONS BRAH? CAN I GET AN AMEN

P.S.-
Would it be possible to restrict the creation of both races on the same account?
Old 07-24-2023, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

no
Old 07-24-2023, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
Why is some smurf with 10x blue magelos commenting on my RED CONTENT post? see yourself out, sir
Old 07-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like item loot will just never happen. Ever. It simply enables RMT that would essentially be impossible to track.

I played RZ day 1 launch, but I honestly dont think item loot was fun for most people. Bagging items is just a dumb mechanic when really thinking about it.

I imagine the best thing for red is no item loot or coin loot. Just PK to keep folks out of your camps/raid targets.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like item loot will just never happen. Ever. It simply enables RMT that would essentially be impossible to track.

I played RZ day 1 launch, but I honestly dont think item loot was fun for most people. Bagging items is just a dumb mechanic when really thinking about it.

I imagine the best thing for red is no item loot or coin loot. Just PK to keep folks out of your camps/raid targets.
This is where the Teams aspect of the server comes into play, losing 1 item from inventory is no big deal, not talking equipped or bound items. There was a box where there was great success and strategy regarding risk/reward for loot like having a SELOS DRUM looted because they bagged it in exchange to equip something else while chaining songs.

*Did it ruin the game that we lost a key item for one of our bards? No
*Did having inventory item loot prevent people from playing? No

I seriously doubt anybody here is actually worried about RMT when countries minimum wage can be displaced by farming fictional pixels in mmorpgs en masse. There is no viable ethical solution, have you heard of Bitcoin?

I respect that you were "there on day one" but can't we all agree that evolution is real and we progress new feats every single day above and beyond those stuck in the past? "BACK IN MY DAY" gives me Make Everquest Great Again vibes, which would promote item loot.

TEAMS99 - YELLOW99 - JUST DO IT
Old 07-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'd play team based PvP server in a heartbeat! Actually having a reason and mechanic to group and protect your camps and zones sounds much better than the FFA gank fest. I'm definitely a noob but I would not play item loot. Coin loot is something I'd get behind though

Did the old team PvP servers in classic days have two different zones for the good vs. evil sides to trade?
Old 07-24-2023, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildculture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play team based PvP server in a heartbeat! Actually having a reason and mechanic to group and protect your camps and zones sounds much better than the FFA gank fest. I'm definitely a noob but I would not play item loot. Coin loot is something I'd get behind though

Did the old team PvP servers in classic days have two different zones for the good vs. evil sides to trade?
Think of item loot more as, risk for the current campsite/raid target and less about losing items your character utilizes as their main equipment. Anything equipped would remain safe and sound, while anything sitting in your inventory x1 would be at risk - whether it be gems, extra weapon, pumice, or forcing someone to EQUIP their manastone instead of using it from inventory lest they risk it for that extra equipment slot.

I don't believe races could trade directly but could drop-trade and or utilize 2nd accounts with trade mules near banks. Non-pvp servers could trade directly, iirc
Old 07-24-2023, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

item loot without being able to loot worn items doesn’t give people a reason to fight PK twinks and therefore is pointless, you might as well disable it all together because it will only serve as a mechanic to grief the victims of a good twink PK.

Only other way to mitigate twink PK is to have no level range.

Which almost demands the server be a teams setup.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
item loot without being able to loot worn items doesn’t give people a reason to fight PK twinks and therefore is pointless, you might as well disable it all together because it will only serve as a mechanic to grief the victims of a good twink PK.

Only other way to mitigate twink PK is to have no level range.

Which almost demands the server be a teams setup.
There will be twinks on both sides I'm sure...?

Can have FFA pvp range I'm good with that, 2 team pvp server is the goal and the reigning champions will help their faction
Old 07-29-2023, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Just make same team griefers bannable with fraps etc, catch a guy training you over and over on your team, or spam same team healing just insta ban.