Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 10-22-2023, 06:58 AM
Sarnak

This will be fun for 6 Days.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Low pop progression race. Why wouldn’t you play live progression box with people. Least I know I’m going to have the only pvp box permanently.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Wait no I know the answer. It’s a guaranteed win.
Old 10-22-2023, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

I should be able to get YT working with the correct script. Darksingas was Linux or Deity or some weird concoction.

Non troll comment. I can't adjust the source code with the out of the box PEQ so it's just Priest Of Discord settings. You get flagged at X level and it's FFA from that point on. You can heal/buff/kill anyone flagged like you.

To put in level limits you had to download the server, write some C++ shit and compile it and add it to your DB.

I get that so what else has been required with coding from a normal "out of the box" peq box.

I am fairly certain my content and your content will be equal. My DB changes will be better. Our EXP rate will be different.

But Coding what about your box is different from any out of the box PVP box other than level limits?

NOT A TROLL QUESTION - what separates our boxes in terms of content or quality. Can you point to anything in the coding specifically because like I said I am master Databaseman.
Old 10-23-2023, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT A TROLL QUESTION - what separates our boxes in terms of content or quality. Can you point to anything in the coding specifically because like I said I am master Databaseman.
Gangsta/Darksinga are using the Rise of Zek source for the same reason Voidd had to scrap the VZTZ codebase 1 month before launch and use it - it's got antiplug, cross zone yellow text, anti-cheat, plus years of pvp mechanic balance changes like preventing res box pvp, blocking call of the hero if pvp flagged, etc.

PEQ, TAKP (quarm), VZTZ are all kinda garbo in comparison. If reign of thule had tried to use the TAKP source (quarm), it woulda flopped because people are used to playing on red99/RoZ.

So, what I'm trying to say is, don't let Gangsta big dog you too much, it's mostly the RoZ source that separates the servers. Both have terrible rulesets, one has a better codebase.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

ROZ source is Image/Devs shit I think Guildwars source right. Meh it feels like shit ROZ feels like shit.

Anti plug is dumb just makes people camp out before pvp, COH incombat is a DB change.

The only thing their box has is Yellowtext, and some gay "anticheat" program where people can see your shit? No thanks.

You've been hoodwinked. Try my box. Or wait till that iteration sucks and come try my box. It will be here.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

But yeah TAKP turned out to be way worse than anyone could have imagined. And your box is seasonal PVE race low exp 1 box low pop garbage.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

I noticed because like Image/Dev boxes the melee dmg to mobs was always jacked up and the pve felt super broken easy mode. It's like when he compiled it he used some older shit and now you're stuck with it?

You play like an inferior PVE content game in a low pop progression race server where there's no PVP.

EMU is in total shambies.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Stasis makes some great points!!
Old 12-14-2023, 12:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yoyoyo

is this going down?

I am feeling the itch for some evercrack and im down with a flu, but I can neither find a discord link nor a website.

Are there any PvP-Boxes going down anytime soon? I remember they starting around mid-December