Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Default ePSXe/Final Fantasy Tactics sorrow

Ok so I've been immersed in the great Final Fantasy Tactics (for like the 5th time) through means of the Playstation 1 emulator, ePSXe, but I just had my immersion destroyed haha.

For anybody who has played the game, I was at the battle with Wiegraf/Velius (pretty far into the game) with a sick nasty party. I decided to switch games for a bit, but when I came back to FFT, the emulator had no recollection of my saved files.

I can't help but laugh, even though I'm just like "God Damn it...all that progress gone."

Time to start a solo-Ramza challenge game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Always got stuck on FFT at some point, retried the mission with different parties etc...and tended to give up with the intention of trying again the next day. Then leaving it on the shelf for a few weeks, months - then picking it up excitedly again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Might have a look at it now in fact, PSP good times!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

maybe you should check out http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/465/

to switch things up a bit
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so I've been immersed in the great Final Fantasy Tactics (for like the 5th time) through means of the Playstation 1 emulator, ePSXe, but I just had my immersion destroyed haha.

For anybody who has played the game, I was at the battle with Wiegraf/Velius (pretty far into the game) with a sick nasty party. I decided to switch games for a bit, but when I came back to FFT, the emulator had no recollection of my saved files.

I can't help but laugh, even though I'm just like "God Damn it...all that progress gone."

Time to start a solo-Ramza challenge game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I use psx for the exact same game lol. Stopped playing because it was a pain to play with kb/mouse, got a controller and haven't started back up yet.

Hope game state saves are still there...

Edit: Checked and still there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Autotune; 02-19-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerderlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I second trying this! I am by no means a FFT vet. The first time I ever played was on an emulator in 2012, but holy shit did I miss out when I was young. I had the PSX to play this originally when I was a tender age and missed it!

Anyway, the original FFT is pretty easy to beat. Many game breaking skills to exploit (full bard melee buff, monk, guardian angel, ninja passive team win 100%) or (charm/recruit entire enemy team, lol). This mod destroys your petty regular rotations. Enjoy having every tactic you ever fantasized as the final one be dissolved before your eyes. Enjoy having mobs using the abilities that are actually available to them!

Shit its hard. I didn't get past act 1...

There is also a mod version which is less difficult but still fixes virtually every 100% win tactic.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

You don't even need any tricks. A party of level 99 squires can beat the game without much trouble [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't even need any tricks. A party of level 99 squires can beat the game without much trouble [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much easier to limit yourself to say 3 party members and see how it goes. Everyone can make a wizard (sec math skill) ramza with beowulf orlandu agrias and mustadio/cloud team :P But where's the fun/challenge in that?

That said, its best not to beat the fights too quickly, otherwise you miss out on a lot of the battle text.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

FFT is amazing. See avatar. Still have to finish getting Cloud and I'm somewhere in act2 just about to finish getting the Calculator class on my solo-ramza challenge save. I do need to pick up a controller, keyboard sucks.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFT is amazing. See avatar. Still have to finish getting Cloud and I'm somewhere in act2 just about to finish getting the Calculator class on my solo-ramza challenge save. I do need to pick up a controller, keyboard sucks.
How does one start a solo ramza challenge, though? Do you start at like sweegy after ramza has been boosted or what? Because otherwise those tortured thieves are gonna beat your ass, lol.

Also, for those wondering about FFT PLing, get your character set how you want him (wizard with calc skills, at least to the wizard skill attaining part or maybe priest skill attaining) and then put him in battle with 1 of your expendables (people to be replaced by story characters). Use them in the battle then murder them, take their crystal when only one mob is left and you have sufficient speed (from yell, act2? guts skill) and then level ramza all the way to 99. The next battle take in your chars you want levels / skills on with ramza to an easy place (mandalia's nice, don't even see black/red chocobo's there late game). Each time they engage ramza (throwing a potion, punching for 1 dmg, etc) theyl'l gain 99 exp a hit. Gain a level every 2 rounds until about 50. It's much faster than leveling them all as a group to be sure.

Also, if you're into game abuse, duping swords / decel traps can make for some interesting times, heh.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerderlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Definitely THE best mod, for an already legendary SRPG! Though be sure to go to their homepage for the latest version of the Mod. There're actually 2 versions; one is the hard version (regular), and the other is the standard version (Content patch). Just to give you an idea of what it involves, this is taken from the front page: "Counting every minor change, FFT 1.3 contains 404,421 individual differences from the original game."

Played the original game a year after it first came out, and many more times over the years as well, it's like a different game every time you play it.

I've completed both of the so-called sequels also; FFTA for GBA and FFTA2 for NDS - and while they're decent games, they just don't live up to the complexity and gameplay of the original for the PSX.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread