Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a shame. Shame shame shame shame.
This is why you need a Masters degree in 2016.

Do you really want to be lumped in with losers and burnouts?

Bachelors degrees are just as bad these days. They know nothing. The only way to really separate yourself is to go to Graduate school.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Aviak

If we need a masters degree to know basic history we are in bad shape.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. We are there, trust me. I live across 2 major capitals within a few hours of each other, the world is already saturated with business majors who get to claim they earned a bachelors.

The people who tend to actually know something are the Liberal Arts majors, who actually had to write 30 major term papers in 4 years to graduate plus teach a research seminar. Learning is a foreign concept in business school. I guess that's why they call it "business school" lol. Its not real academics. Sadly they are allowed to earn a B.A. because the school systems have integrated business school into academia.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
why is knowing history useful? if you can't answer this question you should shutup about it
Old 07-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"business school"
from what i could tell of my b-school compatriots they got a degree in letting rich egomaniac professors take them to [redacted restaurant (expensive)]. Also much higher percentage of closet cases.

Still skeptical that writing stuff that fits the category of acceptable in American liberal arts classes would teach you much more tho. I've gotten a comparable education in arguing disingenuously from p99 forum.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
from what i could tell of my b-school compatriots they got a degree in letting rich egomaniac professors take them to [redacted restaurant (expensive)]. Also much higher percentage of closet cases.

Still skeptical that writing stuff that fits the category of acceptable in American liberal arts classes would teach you much more tho. I've gotten a comparable education in arguing disingenuously from p99 forum.
Critical thinking and research methodology is important skillset in pursuits outside of class.

None of that is in business school. My roommate in college was a business major, he studied for 20 minutes for one of his final 300 level courses. He laughed and turned the light off when I stopped by at midnight after he started studying at 11:40.

Being an airhead goes a long way nowadays tho. He's making more money than me.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is knowing history useful? if you can't answer this question you should shutup about it
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Often quoted 'those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.'

Of course it is also said 'history is written by the victor.' but in regards to modern history we have good record to study it objectively even as our liberal controlled school system is failing to teach any level of the historic record at this point.

From what I've seen of Karkona's postings, he likely knows this.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Banned

I'm happy I can now openly serve my country.

/pras the new Millenium, /pras America. May she stand strong proud, free and full of diversity and with brotherly and sisterly love. May her spirit soar. Though many would slit the throats of the people who would lay down their lives for her.

Love my country, and my family. Having a great 4th. Don't be mad you guyz and girls.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't answer—now what you gonna do? You know our founding fathers Jessie Ventura, John Wilkes Booth, etc would be ashamed of people like you not knowing our basic knowledge of the history behind the 4th of July. Shame on you.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
I won't answer—now what you gonna do? You know our founding fathers Jessie Ventura, John Wilkes Booth, etc would be ashamed of people like you not knowing our basic knowledge of the history behind the 4th of July. Shame on you.
u r gay

whats it like being a blowhard?
Closed Thread