Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like they fucking ruin EVERYTHING
Two basic kinds of people, Jib: You have the folks who build things, then you have folks who only know how to break stuff. That issue is as old as humanity.

I don't know how your preferred method of integration would work in practice, though. When similar efforts were tried in the past it simply resulted in everyone who could afford to move, doing so. Urban centers decayed, suburban sprawl became an epidemic, and the original problem ultimately remained. I don't see how to fix that issue in a nation where people have freedom of movement. You can't hold a gun to people's heads and force them to live next door to people they hate, at least not if you want America to remain America.

Government-subsidized housing is probably a band-aid, not a very good one, but better than homelessness. The real long-term solution is policy that promotes local business and on-shore production and generally a promotion of good-paying work. Service sector work doesn't count and should be regarded as societal poison. Maybe take a page out of FDR's book and create a modern day nationwide TVA for that purpose.

Danth
Old 11-08-2022, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

I really think the best way is to make homes more accessable, realize that when the coasts were vastly un developed just 50 years ago, that they are simply not now, and that supply and demand for homes may not be at the breaking point, but it does have a breaking point.

And if it does, and we're not there, we better start steering the ship in the right direction.

Or another occupy, BLM, january 6th, is right around the corner.
Old 11-08-2022, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Drink responsibly Tokyo
Old 11-08-2022, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

You know those people live in little cubbies so I dont think that's the right solution.
Old 11-08-2022, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know those people live in little cubbies so I dont think that's the right solution.
I loaded his images so I could see what you were complaining about. If anything he unintentionally makes Japan look pretty good. He's actively trying to cherry-pick stuff to make it look bad and the worst he finds are some passed-out drunks. Meanwhile stateside plenty of urban neighborhoods are full of ruined and decaying buildings and infrastructure, boarded-up houses shot full of bullet holes, trash and filth everywhere, and other far more serious problems. His pictures don't seem particularly objectionable.
Old 11-08-2022, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Lol you’re reading wayyyy too far into it. I’m just posting pictures so loramin and Jib will shut up. Taking pictures of drunk Japanese people is fun because you know they’re safe. No one is going to rob or harass them (other than my dumb gaijin ass taking photos). They’ll wake up and wander back into society.
Old 11-08-2022, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you’re reading wayyyy too far into it. I’m just posting pictures so loramin and Jib will shut up. Taking pictures of drunk Japanese people is fun because you know they’re safe. No one is going to rob or harass them (other than my dumb gaijin ass taking photos). They’ll wake up and wander back into society.
Was simply taking Jib's word on it, but your clarification clears that up nicely.

Does the alcohol abuse over there fuel petty crime (vandalism, fights, etc) to the extent it does stateside?
Old 11-08-2022, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

up until this woke japan thread I had no idea puking salaryman was even a thing now I look down upon their culture, nice work!

but it did work as a good distraction.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*make people xeanphobic about japan culutre

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-08-2022 at 06:55 PM..
Old 11-08-2022, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

From my experience, alcohol gave people a culturally acceptable excuse to break free from the rigid societal standards like being quiet and keeping in line. The 7pm train going out to the bars was always dead silent, but on the 1 am train home people would be taking and laughing and having a good time.

I never experienced any angry or violent drunks there, except maybe a few American military folks lol.

But it’s also not that simple. Often times salary men are required to go drinking with their coworkers after work. And if they don’t they’re looked down upon in the office. Sounds fun at first, but not so much when it’s involuntary.
Last edited by nostalgiaquest; 11-08-2022 at 07:04 PM..
Old 11-08-2022, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
eople a culturally acceptable excuse to break free from the rigid societal standards like being quiet and keeping in line.
im not being the usual penis I am but I really think that is why its so popular there, Ive heard that before too.

I dont think I know much about petty crime in japan or hear about it at all, i assume thats a cultural thing. Americans are about individual greatness, while theyre more like, communal and tolerant of each other am I wrong? idk

But what I DO know is that they be walking around puking on literally everything