Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-03-2022, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Also fuck people.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enhancement shamans got nerfed to shit in TBC and onwards iirc. You couldn't use a 2h axe/mace anymore right? Then they allowed you to dual wield daggers which was even weirder as you're not a rogue. From a RP perspective a tauren shaman at one with nature, the elements, etc shouldn't be dual wielding daggers and stabbing the shit out of his enemies. Blizzard made some weird decisions.
yes, these were the good ole times

Old 12-03-2022, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enhancement shamans got nerfed to shit in TBC and onwards iirc. You couldn't use a 2h axe/mace anymore right? Then they allowed you to dual wield daggers which was even weirder as you're not a rogue. From a RP perspective a tauren shaman at one with nature, the elements, etc shouldn't be dual wielding daggers and stabbing the shit out of his enemies. Blizzard made some weird decisions.
What are you basing this on though? I imagine that the Shamans in WoW were based off of the Shamans in EverQuest, who use piercing quite a lot. The dual wield thing may be less plausible, but they just gave Druids the ability to dual wield daggers fairly recently. I don't Blizzard has ever cared about making sense.

I accept your apology in advance, hon. But I do gotta' say you did get me really triggered with your blind hate for people just trying to have some fun.
Old 12-03-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

You got triggered by someone saying Shamans shouldn't dual wield daggers?....

Rofl
Old 12-03-2022, 01:07 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got triggered by someone saying Shamans shouldn't dual wield daggers?....

Rofl
It's not just what they said. It's the way they said it. You could just tell this person voted for Donald Trump.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:12 PM
Banned

I do remember shamans fell off hard in TBC pvp. They were very under-represented in vanilla TBC arenas unless on a 5v5 usually as elem or resto and mostly there for bloodlust. This may have changed for classic though with new metas but I doubt it

Elem r14 shaman in original classic (pre-TBC) was also pretty OP. I remember from playing on my arena team member’s account who had r14 shaman. Very tanky, huge heals that could refill a health bar to fill in one cast, and huge nukes. Vulnerable to being locked down like via rogues but if they were allowed to free-cast they could keep everyone around them alive while nuking the opponents down alternatively. Holy paladin as a contrast had basically zero offense
Old 12-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

shamans can do anything, including lead a revolution.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:25 AM
Fire Giant

I mained a shaman pretty hardcore from launch. There was a moment in time where I was a fuckin wrecking ball in pvp. Had all high end raid tier/pvp gear, including two spell damage trinkets from MC/BWL or wherever. Then a deathbringer one hand axe off Ony. Spec was resto until the instant cast trait, then elemental.

With a trinket active, I could hit someone with two lightning bolts, a chain lightning, and an eartshock within the span of less than 2 seconds. If one of two of those crit, it would instant drop a mage or rogue. Then i come in with windfurrys, heals, and warstomp, which is one of the best racial traits in my opinion. 2 second ae stun with a 2 minute cooldown? That's enough time to get in a heal or a nuke.

My roommate at the time was a similarly geared shadow priest. Together we were unstoppable. Almost a shame i never recorded anything.

But yeah then BWL hit and things started going downhill. Final nail in the coffin for me was raid wide totems. Shamans went from being an important part of the fun raid groups like the main tank or rogue groups, to being in the back with the druids and warlocks lol.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained a shaman pretty hardcore from launch. There was a moment in time where I was a fuckin wrecking ball in pvp. Had all high end raid tier/pvp gear, including two spell damage trinkets from MC/BWL or wherever. Then a deathbringer one hand axe off Ony. Spec was resto until the instant cast trait, then elemental.

With a trinket active, I could hit someone with two lightning bolts, a chain lightning, and an eartshock within the span of less than 2 seconds. If one of two of those crit, it would instant drop a mage or rogue. Then i come in with windfurrys, heals, and warstomp, which is one of the best racial traits in my opinion. 2 second ae stun with a 2 minute cooldown? That's enough time to get in a heal or a nuke.

My roommate at the time was a similarly geared shadow priest. Together we were unstoppable. Almost a shame i never recorded anything.

But yeah then BWL hit and things started going downhill. Final nail in the coffin for me was raid wide totems. Shamans went from being an important part of the fun raid groups like the main tank or rogue groups, to being in the back with the druids and warlocks lol.
I used to rage at Shamans in PVP

I didnt understand how one class could seemingly do it all

they were tanky, they could heal, they could one shot 3 people with chain lightning

i remember calling them the superman class