Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any that results in imperialism or oppression

No empire is a one to one comparison to any other
So, every empire ever then?

I mean, if we undid everything western empires have done, lots of places would be uninhabited and many people who are alive today never would have been born, nor would many generations of their ancestors. Is that... good, exactly?

History is complex, and we're all fat and happy and living on the spoils of those we feel hip spitting on.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Old 06-18-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol you wish

Sorry you failed Civics so badly

Better luck next time
States vote, people don't?

I think the plebiscite is binding in most? 🙃
Old 06-18-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At least until the six Republicans on SCOTUS make the presidency hereditary and try to crown Don Jr. king.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, every empire ever then?

I mean, if we undid everything western empires have done, lots of places would be uninhabited and many people who are alive today never would have been born, nor would many generations of their ancestors. Is that... good, exactly?

History is complex, and we're all fat and happy and living on the spoils of those we feel hip spitting on.
Yes, and that sounds good, but it's obviously not what happened. I don't think we should swim upstream or that Earth is even overpopulated, just mismanaged, but less humans in less places would be good for the Earth.

But yes, we do enjoy the spoils and atrocities of previous generations, Americans especially.

History is extremely complex. Which is why I will never love America as a concept, but I will love my neighbors
Old 06-18-2022, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least until the six Republicans on SCOTUS make the presidency hereditary and try to crown Don Jr. king.
Roberts and Gorsuch wouldn't go for that.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Old 06-18-2022, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But yes, we do enjoy the spoils and atrocities of previous generations, Americans especially.
Man but america has only existed for roughly.. not even 300 years? I think your definition of "history" is a bit limited because you have some kind of axe to grind against america, for some reason.

America is like a blip on the radar on the landscape of historic human atrocities, why are you so fixated on it? Obviously flagrant abuses of power and stature on the world stage are bad, but there is hardly a shred of evidence that america is uniquely guilty of that, nor that any other culture wouldn't have done (and in many cases already has done) the same if not worse?

It's navel gazing, it's conspicuously focused on demonizing one particular thing to the exclusion of all others, that's why the anti-western shit always puts a bee in my bonet.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

*types on slave labor built disposable products manufactured in countries with no regulations "The environment must be protected, and atrocities of our past must never be repeated!"
Closed Thread