Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Like disney gives a shit about any of this and isnt totally masterbating to the 1 million dislikes and the controversy and shares and the 500,000 people who now identify as this movie just because they cant keep their stupid fucked up delusions out of their entertainment.

This is why establishment wokeness is stupid, it's not about making the world a better place, it's about pandering to the loudest most evangelical like demographics so they become worshipers of your brand.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by Jibartik; 09-14-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Old 09-14-2022, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This one i think is gonna be all about how they can give money to the railroads - while spinning it so they dont lose the elections in November.

I hope congress sides with owners, and the workers go, "well then we all quit, fuck off!"

Wtf is this the 1800s? Who the f thinks that congress should be imposing these decisions?

Because railroads are too important? So the goverment just forces people to work under conditions they dont want?

lol wtf is this, belt and road initiative?
RR isn't compulsory labor. Pays pretty good and nice retirement I think.

They're striking to get more paid time off. Hope you did your Christmas shopping!

Old 09-14-2022, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like disney gives a shit about any of this and isnt totally masterbating to the 1 million dislikes and the controversy and shares and the 500,000 people who now identify as this movie just because they cant keep their stupid fucked up delusions out of their entertainment.

This is why establishment wokeness is stupid, it's not about making the world a better place, it's about pandering to the loudest most evangelical like demographics so they become worshipers of your brand.
All involved are getting played while Disney is getting paid.

Reminds me of this:

Old 09-14-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

The railroad issue has been brewing for years. The railroads have been paying their workers basically when they feel like it (lot of the employees are months behind in back pay) and by them wanting "more time off" you mean they want to be able to take time off at all because of 7 day/week on-call policies, or do something like make it to a doctor's appointment without being fired. The class 1's treatment of their workers the past decade or so is embelematic of what's wrong with the U.S. more generally and I've been keeping an eye on it as a litmus test of what we can expect on a larger scale. Given current conditions I expect the workers to lose because that's been the story for the past forty years or so. The U.S. seems hellbent on reverting to a nation of nobles and peasants.

Supposedly the Engineer's union sent out a reminder earlier this week that "for safety" it's best not to cross picket lines. Hah! I like them. They speak my language.

Danth
Old 09-14-2022, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The U.S. seems hellbent on reverting to a nation of nobles and peasants.
Already there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And the state outsources their tyrannical, unconstitutional behavior to the private sector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Got a problem with that? *Bank account deleted* [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bro, they're a private company. They can do that if they want. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Visa and Mastercard run a train on my wife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bro, they're a private company. They can do that if they want. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The U.S. seems hellbent on reverting to a nation of nobles and peasants.
That does seem to be humanity's natural state.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Banned

Man, it would be nice to have a thriving Middle class again.

A time where the world relied on American manufacturing.

A time where we had half the available work force.

A time where we were living high off the spoils of war.

We need to invade China and ban women from working.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The railroad issue has been brewing for years. The railroads have been paying their workers basically when they feel like it (lot of the employees are months behind in back pay) and by them wanting "more time off" you mean they want to be able to take time off at all because of 7 day/week on-call policies, or do something like make it to a doctor's appointment without being fired. The class 1's treatment of their workers the past decade or so is embelematic of what's wrong with the U.S. more generally and I've been keeping an eye on it as a litmus test of what we can expect on a larger scale. Given current conditions I expect the workers to lose because that's been the story for the past forty years or so. The U.S. seems hellbent on reverting to a nation of nobles and peasants.

Supposedly the Engineer's union sent out a reminder earlier this week that "for safety" it's best not to cross picket lines. Hah! I like them. They speak my language.

Danth
This it? They said UP is the worst one.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This it? They said UP is the worst one.

I'd hate to work for a large company.

They treat you like a number and they have weird shit like this.

Self-employment may not have safety nets or security but it doesn't feel as much like a rat race.
Closed Thread