Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd hate to work for a large company.

They treat you like a number and they have weird shit like this.

Self-employment may not have safety nets or security but it doesn't feel as much like a rat race.
3 no shows in 90 days is a bit decadent. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Banned

Our agency is extremely forgiving about call outs. There isn’t a set number and employees are encouraged to call out for “mental health” days. This results in people calling out like fucking crazy. This one guy I know Aaron is notorious for going home mid-shift because he’s feeling “dehydrated”. I’m like, have you tried water? I hear it works great

It sounds nice but it actually kind of sucks because depending on the position when people call out the others that show up have to pick up the slack. Even though after 15 years I accrue a ridiculous amount of PTO (rate is based on seniority), to where I could take a month off at a time if I wanted and still have PTO left, I try to rarely call out so as to not fuck over my friends working there
Old 09-14-2022, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our agency is extremely forgiving about call outs. There isn’t a set number and employees are encouraged to call out for “mental health” days. This results in people calling out like fucking crazy. This one guy I know Aaron is notorious for going home mid-shift because he’s feeling “dehydrated”. I’m like, have you tried water? I hear it works great

It sounds nice but it actually kind of sucks because depending on the position when people call out the others that show up have to pick up the slack. Even though after 15 years I accrue a ridiculous amount of PTO (rate is based on seniority), to where I could take a month off at a time if I wanted and still have PTO left, I try to rarely call out so as to not fuck over my friends working there
Just after Taco Joe's right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like disney gives a shit about any of this and isnt totally masterbating to the 1 million dislikes and the controversy and
Yea a new sarcastic marketing term apparently emerged on Twitter called “fan baiting”. It involves going woke and then taunting fans about it prior to even the preview being released, and labeling all critics as bigots

There’s no such thing as bad publicity and if you can get people angrily talking about your product, they’re still talking about your product
Old 09-14-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, it would be nice to have a thriving Middle class again.

A time where the world relied on American manufacturing.

A time where we had half the available work force.

A time where we were living high off the spoils of war.

We need to invade China and ban women from working.
If we never moved manufacturing outside of the US:

1. we'd have jobs in the usa
2. we'd have stricter regulation on manufacturing pollutants, and save the planet.
3. things would cost more, but they cost more now, and you never needed 8 iphone upgrades, so that's a strawman argument.

We'd have "amerca" back. We'd have the middle class. We'd have a work force. We'd have a better planet across the board.

Who pushes the global economy?

WHICH party moved jobs out of the country?

WHICH?

Last edited by Jibartik; 09-14-2022 at 02:30 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just after Taco Joe's right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taco bro’s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yea, that’s a good example. Screaming shits and zero sleep, I still came in and worked a full shift. Unfortunately I stupidly got Taco Bro’s again mid-shift, so screaming shits + 2 nights zero sleep was my limit
Old 09-14-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who would even want to work like that, for a company like that? There's really nothing else they can do? No other profession, no schools to attend, nothing? You're stuck working like that for the railroad?
Old 09-14-2022, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Who moved jobs to china.

WHICH party did it?

WHICH?
We did.

I don't know if I'd blame one political party.

But over the course of history, I'd probably say the GOP is probably more to blame than the Dems.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
3 no shows in 90 days is a bit decadent. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. I didn't read that part.

I don't read. I just emotionally react.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We did.

I don't know if I'd blame one political party.

But over the course of history, I'd probably say the GOP is probably more to blame than the Dems.
you're right, we did it.

I was against it my whole life, but my party did it.

The GOP cant say they tried to stop it either.

We did it.

I think it's fair to say that consumerism did it though.

We can save what we had, if we just throtle back "consumerism"

The need to have 10 iphones is the problem.

The want o have 3 houses is the problem.

We can also nuke the billionares.

Elon musk talks a big game but his rockets aint gonna change the world anymore than his boring comany will, or that flamethrower.

It's just mass consumption. consume consume consume!

We can have all the stuff we have now, just not 10 fricken versions of them.
Closed Thread