Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They also just got purging any right leaning staff (You can excuse the 'Far Right' description...they target those with Gadsden flags for example)
Yeah anything right of center is far right to most leftists. There’s a benefit to being surrounded by people who don’t share your worldview, take it from myself a conservative working in a field which is 90%+ leftist. You are plugged into all their opinions and news all the time. You can’t debate them because it blows up and at work that can be far worse for you than online anonymously. But there is still a benefit

However, if you plan to allow your biases to affect your decision making, then having co-workers with opposing political views around could make you uncomfortable, whether they object or not. Just the thought of co-workers recognizing and disagreeing with one’s obvious bias would be a discomfort, so better to root them all out
Old 10-04-2022, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just glad we can focus the science like a laser finally, without all the noise of shared ideas muddying the waters.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just glad we can focus the science like a laser finally, without all the noise of shared ideas muddying the waters.
Yeah, because the powerful elite are really just interested in the truth.

They're just so concerned about the truth.

It's not at all about controlling dissenters or anything.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can’t debate them
That's a problem in and of itself. In a democratic republic as large as ours, people are going to have opposing views. We aren't insect drones and don't have a hive mind. We have to be able to live with that.

Just the other day I was joking with a relative because we're hard-opposite on unionization. All my life I've regarded folks who cross a picket line as deserving the beating they'd get. He is generally anti-union and would indeed cross a picket line. It didn't turn contentious though. Instead we accepted our difference, laughed it off, agreed we could conveivably end up on opposite sides of a brawl, and if it happened, we'd take our licks and still be welcome to visit on holidays/etc afterward.

Danth
Old 10-04-2022, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

I think this phenomenon we're in is because of anonymous communication through the internet.

like you and your relative, were already like minded enough to want to be in each others proximity, and have a reason to want to be.

While on the internet you could be interacting with someone, that in real life youd have avoided at all costs just by looking at them.

So we're like, imagine you're a 60 year old woman, and you like gardening.

Well online suddenly you're in a room full of 13 year old internet trolls who like death metal, talking about politics.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a problem in and of itself. In a democratic republic as large as ours, people are going to have opposing views. We aren't insect drones and don't have a hive mind. We have to be able to live with that.

Just the other day I was joking with a relative because we're hard-opposite on unionization. All my life I've regarded folks who cross a picket line as deserving the beating they'd get. He is generally anti-union and would indeed cross a picket line. It didn't turn contentious though. Instead we accepted our difference, laughed it off, agreed we could conveivably end up on opposite sides of a brawl, and if it happened, we'd take our licks and still be welcome to visit on holidays/etc afterward.

Danth
The Internet is at fault.

Before the Internet, we didn't know just how BADLY we disagreed.

We knew we disagreed on things, sure. But holy shit - the Internet has revealed how bad we disagree on fundamental things.

I used to believe we all supported the Constitution.

Hell no. There are MILLIONS of Americans who want to see human rights burned at the stake of statist security.

That is alien to me. I don't live with aliens.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
I think most aggressors would still hesitate if you stated your intent to "lick the hell out of them".
Old 10-04-2022, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most aggressors would still hesitate if you stated your intent to "lick the hell out of them".
I call that "The Chad Defense".
Old 10-04-2022, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine your moms and dad's when you're 13 arguing with you.

Doing this with strangers is most of the internet.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
13 year old internet trolls who like death metal, talking about politics.
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Closed Thread