Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea on how to become a domestic terrorist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High altitude carpet bombing Agent Scully.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:45 PM
Banned

Jimmy Kimmel’s wife put it well, I think, on his talk show. Her request was to “Not love abortion. But to trust women to make the very difficult choice on whether to have an abortion”

And that’s probably the best way that anyone can put it. Don’t celebrate abortion. Don’t push for abortion. But concede that it’s a difficult decision, and trust women to make the right one

Well put

Except a lot of us don’t trust them to make the right decision. And I think it’s strange that Dems, the same Dems who don’t trust us to not be led astray by “misinformation” on virtually any topic, or to not be radicalized by the wrong speech, to all of a sudden “trust” the public to be good people now

I don’t trust people to make good decisions, especially dumb, selfish people. I’m not saying anything in regards to what should be legal or not with abortion, but “trusting” people to make the right choice, despite being the best possible way to present a case for abortion, to me rings completely hypocritical for that party
Old 11-08-2022, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jimmy Kimmel’s wife put it well, I think, on his talk show. Her request was to “Not love abortion. But to trust women to make the very difficult choice on whether to have an abortion”

And that’s probably the best way that anyone can put it. Don’t celebrate abortion. Don’t push for abortion. But concede that it’s a difficult decision, and trust women to make the right one

Well put

Except a lot of us don’t trust them to make the right decision. And I think it’s strange that Dems, the same Dems who don’t trust us to not be led astray by “misinformation” on virtually any topic, or to not be radicalized by the wrong speech, to all of a sudden “trust” the public to be good people now

I don’t trust people to make good decisions, especially dumb, selfish people. I’m not saying anything in regards to what should be legal or not with abortion, but “trusting” people to make the right choice, despite being the best possible way to present a case for abortion, to me rings completely hypocritical for that party
The vast majority of abortions are performed out of convenience. Not the woman's health.

It was supposed to be Safe, Legal and Rare. 60+ million dead babies is not rare. That's routine slaughter of innocent life.

You're also seeing left wing crazies celebrating their abortions now. They are demonic and evil.
Old 11-08-2022, 11:14 PM
Banned

It’s like, what if abortions had a 50% chance to kill the parent

You would expect, that for these women whose backs are against the wall, the majority of them would think “you know what, my quality of life if I have this child and the child’s quality of life will be so poor, that even death would be preferable, so let’s roll the dice” and still have the abortion

But even the most stalwart defenders of abortion knows that the vast, vast majority of women would back out of having an abortion if there was a 50% chance they would die. They would be like “hell no, I’ll find another way”

But expect us to trust them when they say they truly had no other choice. Ok…..
Old 11-08-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s like, what if abortions had a 50% chance to kill the parent

You would expect, that for these women whose backs are against the wall, the majority of them would think “you know what, my quality of life if I have this child and the child’s quality of life will be so poor, that even death would be preferable, so let’s roll the dice” and still have the abortion

But even the most stalwart defenders of abortion knows that the vast, vast majority of women would back out of having an abortion if there was a 50% chance they would die. They would be like “hell no, I’ll find another way”

But expect us to trust them when they say they truly had no other choice. Ok…..
Is this a thot experiment? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2022, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thrown off a cliff you say?
Old 11-08-2022, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a thot experiment? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here’s an infinitely more mundane analogy: exercise

People every day say to themselves “there’s simply no way I could work out today. I’m going on 2 hours of sleep. I’m exhausted. There’s no way”

What if I put a gun to their head? And I said either you work out or you die right now. What % would find it in themselves to work out. Probably 99%

And the gun really is to their head though, they just convince themselves that it’s not because it’s years away. Usually it takes a health scare to make them realize “oh shit, this is really do or die”. And then they make some serious changes in their life

And that’s really the ultimate back against the wall, when it’s do or die

So we say abortion is healthcare, and trust women to make the right choices with their healthcare. Why? People don’t make good choices with their health all the time

Being a veterinarian is hard, so we say we can’t do it. But what if the choice is be a veterinarian or die right now? All of a sudden, when someone’s back is truly against the wall, people find strength and resources they never knew they had

(Note: I know this example is a bit unrealistic, because the person would have to be kept in a perpetual state of belief that it was become a vet or die)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 11-09-2022, 12:00 AM
Banned

^
Hoping no lefties interpret this as me saying the choice should be do or die for abortion. I’m just saying there is this idea of “my back is against the wall here”, and for everyone that is really a spectrum. On one far side there is convenience, and on the other, there’s death. Where do they truly fall
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-09-2022 at 12:05 AM..
Old 11-09-2022, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
^
Hoping no lefties interpret this as me saying the choice should be do or die for abortion. I’m just saying
after tonight the missinformation squads comign for us bigly lol
Old 11-09-2022, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of abortions are performed out of convenience. Not the woman's health.

It was supposed to be Safe, Legal and Rare. 60+ million dead babies is not rare. That's routine slaughter of innocent life.

You're also seeing left wing crazies celebrating their abortions now. They are demonic and evil.
Gun rights lead to routine slaughter

Doesn’t matter buddy, our system is about freedom. Take your Catholic bull shit with you to your priest while you blow him

Hth
Closed Thread