Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-02-2022, 10:24 AM
Aviak

Question Empty Server List with a Twist...

For the past few days I have been repeatedly getting a blank list of servers when I log into the game/eqemu.

After the frustration of trying any and all recommended fixes for this issue (VPN, flush DNS, etc.) I installed Titanium + Duxa all-in-one installer on a different PC at my home. Of course I was able to see the list of servers and have no issues on the second PC. Now I'm just playing on this other PC until I figure out how to fix my primary.

I tried a full clean, reinstall of Titanium + Duxa all-in-one installer back on the bad/primary PC to no avail.

Any recommendations?

Also, outside of the Program Files\Sony\Everquest folder, are there any other file system locations where the game saves preferences? After the full reinstall, it seemed like some of my settings were retained, in terms of where my eq game window is positioned and my emuserver logon name was cached.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2022, 10:50 AM
Orc

Atleast try running WinEQ 2.0 and see if it can detect anything inconsistent or corrupt sometimes it literally is the difference between launching with errors/problems and not
Old 08-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

This will sound crazy but try running a stream in the background like the p99 ec twitch stream or something. I have no idea why but this worked for me and could be a workaround. Stumbled upon this a couple months ago and as long as there is something streaming in the background I’ve had 0 blank server /crashing on zone issues.
Old 08-02-2022, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor3nth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, outside of the Program Files\Sony\Everquest folder, are there any other file system locations where the game saves preferences?
If you install in program files the client cannot write to that protected directory unless you run it as admin. Therefore, your "settings" end up in your virtual directory - under c:\users\(username)\appdata.

Don't install to program files. Save yourself future headaches.

-Mcoy
Old 08-03-2022, 12:08 AM
Aviak

I reinstalled the game again cleanly in my user dir, launched steam (for a little luck), then rebooted my router...and I can see the servers again.

Thanks for the help!