Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-29-2022, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it would be very p99 to nerf the aggro of an already nerfed class while the garbage blade of carnage sits there mere days out of timeline from being the only good warrior weapon in velious
Lmao, omg I wish they would put boc in at the 15/20 stats with eb proc, that would be so good. Please custom content that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The change wouldn’t necessarily be a nerf. Every other dual wielding class would start generating less threat as well. Holding aggro off rogues would actually get easier.
Thanks DSM
Old 09-29-2022, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks DSM
lol
Old 09-30-2022, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The change wouldn’t necessarily be a nerf. Every other dual wielding class would start generating less threat as well. Holding aggro off rogues would actually get easier.
Ok that makes sense ...
Old 10-03-2022, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok that makes sense ...
It makes sense as long as you don’t consider the casters 🤙

But who cares? Not me enough to submit a bug.

But it isn’t classic!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-03-2022, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks DSM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-07-2022, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

By the way, we don't know what the actual aggro mechanics on live were during this period. We have good guesses but nothing solid.

Anyhow, I just wanted to add that a solid 2h like rocksmasher is amazing in group content even when you have solid rogues/monks in your group. Procs suck for trying to keep aggro in group content. Consistent aggro is way way better.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detoxx / Venice found this stuff out and after argueing with them that red blade + trident was better, I finally tried the feverblade + low delay weps and agreed for agro, they are much better../nod
If you tell me that Detoxx thinks X+Y is best combo based on his experience tanking mobs, I'd take him at his word.

But you're saying Detoxx tested it? Like with math and statistics and such? Have you heard the guy talk or read anything he's attempted to write? He's practically functionally illiterate. I'm pretty sure he gets his 1040ez done at HR Block. He definitely financed his waterbed.

Venice is a moron too, but he's more socially retarded. Just look at that UN stuff, oof! So maybe the cypherin' was his? Still sus at best.

Your argument was better just saying "Detoxx thinks". And I bet he's right.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

i have build a warrior dps and hate generation spreadsheet that takes into consideration procs. you are overstatating the 2h bonus damage value, it is actually only 18 for a 40 delay weapon. using my calculator and assuming max strength, max dexterity, max haste, max skills, and a level 60 warrior, you are generating about 62.1 hate per second from a frostreaver. by comparison the "starter warrior combo" of infestation and frostbringer offhand is 68.6, the willsapper + redblade is 72.4, and the double sod is 87.5 (yes its that much better than everything else). other 2h weapons like palladius and gaudralek is 54.7 and 56.0, respectively.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you tell me that Detoxx thinks X+Y is best combo based on his experience tanking mobs, I'd take him at his word.

But you're saying Detoxx tested it? Like with math and statistics and such? Have you heard the guy talk or read anything he's attempted to write? He's practically functionally illiterate. I'm pretty sure he gets his 1040ez done at HR Block. He definitely financed his waterbed.

Venice is a moron too, but he's more socially retarded. Just look at that UN stuff, oof! So maybe the cypherin' was his? Still sus at best.

Your argument was better just saying "Detoxx thinks". And I bet he's right.
This isn't rnf spaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yes they tested it and after trying the different combos I agree with what they found/nod