Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Of course the server is slowly dying. There is absolutely zero chance to see most of the content unless you are in either Aftermath or Awakened, neither are willing to share, and staff seems to be fine with the situation. That means that anyone who are "casual" and want to experience classic raiding either looks to alternatives (Agnarr TAKP) or just slowly stop playing. Alternatively they give up and join A/A, but those guilds are also slowly loosing members because they have achieved it all, and "dominating" for most people stop being fun after 3-4-5 years of the same.
You could argue its natural on a dead end server, but this could easily be solved if staff, or A/A, had any interest - there just doesn't seem to be at the moment. Maybe the future will change things, until then I am sure we will continue to see a slow decline in population, spiking on earthquakes, and some sort of short-lived boost when/if custom content.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is something appealing about getting to do the content when i want to and not sit by my phone at 4am just to kill a single mob in ToV.
Somehow grown adults would argue that waking up at 4am is some kind of competitive achievement and you should get good.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

I would much agree with a instanced classic server. It would make raiding much easier and more fun. I mean to have a night or two to clear a few raid events then have the rest of the week off would be nice. No more poopsocking, tracking, "train outs", DA pulling, cluster fucking. It would be great to keep Velious inside the instance structure, and keeping Kunark/Classic non instance.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Wait , theres no FTE/Camp priority on Agnar/Phinny? Its straight DPS races?
Oh im sure per capita there are far less assholes on those servers if thats the case.
hoho
Old 09-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course the server is slowly dying. There is absolutely zero chance to see most of the content unless you are in either Aftermath or Awakened, neither are willing to share, and staff seems to be fine with the situation. That means that anyone who are "casual" and want to experience classic raiding either looks to alternatives (Agnarr TAKP) or just slowly stop playing. Alternatively they give up and join A/A, but those guilds are also slowly loosing members because they have achieved it all, and "dominating" for most people stop being fun after 3-4-5 years of the same.
You could argue its natural on a dead end server, but this could easily be solved if staff, or A/A, had any interest - there just doesn't seem to be at the moment. Maybe the future will change things, until then I am sure we will continue to see a slow decline in population, spiking on earthquakes, and some sort of short-lived boost when/if custom content.
Yeah, and it's been "slowly dying" for eight years now, people sure don't like classic EverQuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When you say "chance to see most of the content", you're talking about like one or two zones, and a few mobs in a handful of other zones, right? You really consider that "most of" the literally 100+ zones full of content on P99? Plus I'll never understand why it is such an issue for people to have to join top guilds to see top content. It's like ... imagine if only American and Hawaiian Airlines flew to Hawaii, but you have hella miles with Southwest, so you cry that it's impossible for you to go to Hawaii. Um no, actually it's not, you just have to join the other people who want to go to Hawaii on their airline/guild.

Unless your problem isn't really which airlines are flying, it's the fact that you can't afford a ticket (ie. you're too casual) ... in which case you're basically arguing that because you can't afford a ticket to Hawaii, no one else should get to go to there (well, unless airlines start giving everyone free tickets). And you're also arguing that because you can't afford a ticket to Hawaii, that means the whole airline system/game is broken and it's impossible for you to take a vacation (never mind the fact that you can still afford to fly to California, Florida, New York, etc. ... ie. you can still have fun in the 95-odd other zones in the game).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-03-2017 at 02:27 PM..
Old 09-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Well, i actually love the feel of classic EQ in P99. I might not see all the content, but being able to play with friends and just enjoy the classic mechanics and zones will always been fun. I actually enjoy leveling and doing it with toons that aren't twinked. There's a challenge in this game that you don't find elsewhere.

That said, I don't plan to leave until Pantheon releases, and even then I'll still play here one in a while.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Just got back from almost three years break, and feeling classic as ever!..

... and what are you doing on p99 forum?, must be bored already?.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

To server staff:
I highly recommend you instance ToV for couple of months. You'll see 1500 online in notime. See it as some form of Christmas gift to us casuals. AA wont quit cuz of it, cuz 1) its limited time and 2) you already succeeded providing us a full classic experience more than perfectly well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

End game EQ is garbage, regardless if you rotate or race. The best part is exping 1-54ish (which is pretty fun on p99 for the most part.) Just hit 54, take a break, and reroll without twinking if you get classic eq itch.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnickusaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To server staff:
I highly recommend you instance ToV for couple of months. You'll see 1500 online in notime. See it as some form of Christmas gift to us casuals. AA wont quit cuz of it, cuz 1) its limited time and 2) you already succeeded providing us a full classic experience more than perfectly well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, when all is said and done (timeline) 3 servers would be ideal. keep blue as is for casuals and a red/blue that resets every 4 years or so. competitive peeps with no life must have best will gravitate towards reset server and casuals will stay on blues founding server.

p99 4 life! best museum piece classic eq around tbo