Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As extra punishment all of our officers accounts were suspended, even poor Gatmanno who is just officer tagged to do invites for us. (He's a druid)
Wait so no one can update the guild MOTD to keep members updated on whats going on or remove anyone from guild, even if there is a need to?
Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've now been suspended for 181 days in 2018. I don't think I'm that bad of a person and do my best to follow server rules while trying to help the community, so this one has been especially disheartening.

I'll still be around because i must be a glutton for punishment.
This is staggering. 'Punishing' people for Everquest mistakes with nearly an entire half a calendar year of 'time off' is not what I'd even imagine be in the realm of possibilities on Project1999.

Non-Core members triggering Core raid extensions is beyond my comprehension of understanding. We're all human here, communication is a key fabric of our society and without it, chaos.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Core was made an example.
Don't fuck around with raid rules, Everyone in your guild is responsible.
The staff have been extremely clear on what is and what is not allowed.

If there are players in core that can't handle that they should get kicked from the guild otherwise this shit won't stop. The officers need to balls up and start dishing out punishments or guild kicks.

And yes I've tasted your salty tears about tempest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'll get what's coming to them.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Aviak

Chaos it is. This is a mess.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:53 AM
Kobold

This is really sad, sounds like a simple and inconsequential mistake was made and a 30 day extension + officer suspension feels very disproportionate. Especially if the prior extensions were really due to people logging into long-abandoned accounts solely to damage the guild.

<Core> members have always been extremely kind and cool to me, I posted an example of that on their guild recruitment page after they gave me a very expensive spell for free just because it dropped and I needed it (I wasn't even present for the kill, I had just lamented the cost of the spell to a Core member privately). I'm not even in their guild! I've also met a few others who have basically been handed their epic by <Core>, one of whom I met because a Core member asked him to rez my corpse and he explained he feels indebted to them because they handed him a Ragefire pearl.

I could understand this a bit better if they were habitually training competing raids, scamming people, RMTing, etc. but they've always been kind and helpful in my experience and it sucks that they're locked out of so much content over technicalities.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Whoops, meant to say Ragefire HEART, not PEARL. The thing he drops for epic, not the thing to spawn him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Told this story to my co worker who still plays on live. I should have taken a picture of his face. He was completely baffled, and intrigued at the same time.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per usual Baler is out of touch with reality.
Wrong account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion, but no thank you.

Thinking you can police what every member does at any given time is unrealistic.

I'd rather not be in a guild than lead a guild in the way you're describing. I may be nearly permanently suspended but I value friendship more than pixels.
Go watch sirkens latest stream. He talks about the same exact shit I put in that post.
I'm not lieing or exaggerating.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Banned

Punishment seems way out of proportion.

I mean...really? Helping a monk do a part of his epic quest?

I agree with the perception of "core people are kind and helpful." Have been a benefactor of that myself. Just look at Franswa. That guy is one of the classiest, most generous players on P99.

I don't understand why the staff has it out for these guys.
Closed Thread