Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 07:47 AM
Aviak

Qeynos is the best starting area. I expect a total shit show, but I'll be there anyway.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 10-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Orc

I love Qeynos and I'll definitely be starting there. It's my favorite city in the game (except perhaps Paineel). You have iconic figures like Fippy Darkpaw and Holly Windstalker. Some great quests. Blackburrow. The list goes on...it's my favorite area in the game.

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

Ill be there.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:19 AM
Kobold

It is close to 6 PM where I am (friday evening), so I guess launch will be around midnight.

See you folks in 12 hours or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2019, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love Qeynos and I'll definitely be starting there. It's my favorite city in the game (except perhaps Paineel). You have iconic figures like Fippy Darkpaw and Holly Windstalker. Some great quests. Blackburrow. The list goes on...it's my favorite area in the game.
I completely agree, it's Qeynos & Paineel all the way for me, too. I also really enjoy Erudin. If the Warrens were live I might consider spending time in Odus, but it'll be a while before we can go kobold hunting.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

I will be. Human ranger. We and druids get the earliest magic weapons in the game fastest which is helpful.

I just hope that Morin shadowbane is in the game at the beginning because he has to amazing Ranger weapons to give out at Mid levels
Old 10-25-2019, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

Say hi to fippy for me when he charges the front gates.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely agree, it's Qeynos & Paineel all the way for me, too. I also really enjoy Erudin. If the Warrens were live I might consider spending time in Odus, but it'll be a while before we can go kobold hunting.
Yea - it's a shame Warrens weren't in at the start of the timeline. Without it (and Stonebrunt), there's sadly little reason to go to Odus.

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-25-2019, 09:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why you would think that. It is a very popular place with BB being right there and with all of the quests in the area. Also, players starting Barbarians and Erudites can leave their zones and come to Qeynos as well.
There’s about a dozen gnolls between Halas and qeynos hills, people better have the other people play human shield for them if they plan on running there at out the gates!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 AM
Aviak

I started in Qeynos on live in 2000. When I started on Blue it was right after Kunark had been released and I made a Half-elf Ranger (my main on live) and was incredibly disappointed that Blackburrow / Karanas were practically empty. I am hoping the Qeynos population stays relatively active for at least a month so I can have that nostalgia.

The alternative was to play a Troll / Ogre with a semi popular starting zone. I don't think I have ever seen more than 3 people in the Grobb, Oggok, Feerot, or the Swamp on Blue or on live. I think it would be fun to actually spend some time in these zones. However, the thought of leveling up a tank without a little bit of equipment assistance from an alt sounds daunting.
Closed Thread