Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Orc

Default Flippy Darkpaw Report

I am a season player who started EQ on march 24,1999. I played consistently until 2004. At this point I quit because I felt Sony ruined EQ. I made a futile attempt to go back last spring and play on the 51/50 server and my favorite thing about it was the classic missions that they offered. Discussed with Mercs and the poor development of the game I quit again.
Since then I had found project 1999 and I have to say, for me, it a very classic experience. Sony, in their infinite wisdom, decided to come out with a progression server that will start with the original three continents then they will unlock an xpack every 90 or 60 days.
I felt it was necessary to share some of my feelings about Sony s attempt to recreate the past. I recommend this: if u play project 1999 and enjoy it do not waste your time logging into this progression server. I played it for 9 minutes. I rolled a necromancer, got my newbie robe and found my way outside. This is in no way a classic representation of the way everquest was. I felt distinguished with Sony s pitiful attempt as it was indeed very weak. They have server wide channel in which I announced " this don't feel like classic". Some clown answered " this is as close as Sony could get it ". During this process I had already started to camp. It has their crappy new graphics, stupid remolded zones and they don't even had the old death penalty. Just put it this way, Sony sucks and they are a poor gaming company. I have a hard time giving these idiots any money after they ruined eq and then tried to rip it off. So, everyone don't waste your time with this weak ass version that is not classic but a bunch of idiots trying to get you re-sub so they can make money.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Give it afew weeks/a month and it would resolve itself. P99 had globe channels as well when it first started. As it stands i believe its still in beta progression, so they getting in game feedback then revamp the server again probably.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

No, they're absolutely terrible at their jobs. They couldn't develop that server properly if they were paid to do it. (and they are! lol)
Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Kobold

Progression server =/= Classic server.

Fippy is awesome. P99 has its purpose too. Play what you want and quit yer' bitchin.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

I jumped in for a few minutes, and the server was lagging so badly the doors wouldn't open and lifts weren't working. Might be worth giving it a week or two.

The worst part for me was the UI - I much prefer the classic Velious look with my few mods, and my WTF folder crashed the game. Meh.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

I patched it last week, but I never bothered to log in. The more info I got about the server, the less interested I was.

It's a cool server idea to give current players something to fool around with, and I do think SoE made a good effort, but it isn't what I am looking for.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Kobold

Wow, I just played for about an hour or so. The experience rate is brutal. It is taking people about 60 kills to go from level 1 to 2. Insane.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester
Wow, I just played for about an hour or so. The experience rate is brutal. It is taking people about 60 kills to go from level 1 to 2. Insane.
Really? Lol. I bet 90% of the server quits before level 4. 2-3 is bad, 3-4 is like a hell level.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CB Belt twinks ftw :P

Asher
Old 02-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler33 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... trying to get you re-sub so they can make money.
You think this is wrong?

Live: Icaro - Dwarf Cleric on Innoruuk server (retired)
P1999: Platone - Erudite Enchanter
Closed Thread