Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting on the fake money for months brings me no joy. Spending the fake money on like a few more pieces of classic era +5 STA gear doesn't help me either. But getting a huge boost to DPS and push so I can solo in new and interesting places...does.
So much truth to this. As a casual player, I have something like 32,000pp sitting on Blue that I was saving towards... I don’t know, a fungi for an alt? White Dragonscales for an epic was never going to happen. Now I have a new baby and certainly won’t be playing anytime soon. So those 58 levels of not enjoying certain items and perks was all for a big pile of fake money that I never used lol.

Live in the moment and enjoy yourself OP!
Old 06-14-2020, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So much truth to this. As a casual player, I have something like 32,000pp sitting on Blue that I was saving towards... I don’t know, a fungi for an alt? White Dragonscales for an epic was never going to happen. Now I have a new baby and certainly won’t be playing anytime soon. So those 58 levels of not enjoying certain items and perks was all for a big pile of fake money that I never used lol.

Live in the moment and enjoy yourself OP!
Congrats on the baby! So much work, so much fun though. I promise you’ll sleep a full night again....eventually.

Back when my wife was pregnant, she’d get home from work, we’d eat dinner at like 5:30, then she’d be so tired she’d go to bed at like 6:30. I’d clean up a bit and then had a freakish amount of just empty time. That’s what led me to retry EQ! Rolled on the Mangler TLP. Got a warrior up to 46. Managed to get groups constantly, looted my own FBSS and other gear, had an absolute blast. Then baby came and I had to take a break. Big thing I liked about the TLPs was how everything was groupable. Instances meant I could actually get my own gear in time. The big downside was, when I finally got a bit of time again months after baby came, it was already partially through Velious and all was for naught, so I lost interest.

Rolled a Green char in Dec, got to 15 by mid-January, then left for months. Came back in April and....I wasn’t hopelessly behind! It was nice. Aside from the players, the slower pace of game advancement is the biggest p99 draw for me. I do wish it were possible to get a Frenzy camp without being a level 50 caster waiting for days on a list. But I’ve been soloing in SolA since level 29 and having a blast. Gonna get me that FBSS somehow and then I (hope to) keep on dungeon-delving to 50.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

FBSS also has resell value that won't diminish as poorly as stat gear come kunark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a good investment in my opinion. You'll make more plat than you'll lose.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FBSS also has resell value that won't diminish as poorly as stat gear come kunark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a good investment in my opinion. You'll make more plat than you'll lose.
And you'll get multiple uses out of it if you make any melee alts.

I say spend it if you have it .. obviously haggle .. but yeah, do it!
Old 06-15-2020, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

Unless you're saving money for some specific thing in the future then spend it all now. There is zero benefit of having plat in the bank because all costs in this game are fixed. You're never going to need a new kidney or be surprised by a tax reassessment. All the gear that you might possibly ever get is already known and so are the prices. You can start a lv1 Rogue right now and have a very precise figure of the plat you need for BiS or whatever you're looking for. Get the belt, don't worry about selling it later or what it's going to be worth.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Op make a bard, level them to 5, buy selos accelerando, park them in the tunnel, find someone trustworthy to transfer your plat and for sale items to that bard then enjoy the sweetness of an ec trader.

Lvl 5 is the minimum level for selos, and selos allows you to move at any encumberence weight.

Why bank when you can bard?
Azeth, do you remember me?
Closed Thread