Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Default Question About Kael Faction

I have asked 5 people this question and gotten 5 different answers.

I am trying to get my paladin kael armor. Can somebody please explain to me which of the 3 giant factions I need to raise in order to turn in coldain heads to Bvellos? Please do not answer me unless you are 100% sure. Thank you.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Kromzek

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bvellos%27_Bounty

Some of the lower level giants by WL/EW are kromriff, you will very likely gain that faction from most other kromzek hits. or invis past them.
Last edited by Trexller; 04-06-2021 at 01:47 PM..
Old 04-06-2021, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Thank You!
Old 04-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Captain Bvellos is on The zek faction. To turn them into him regularly you need to be non KoS to zek. As a note, in Kael, Zek giants have no beards. Rif giants have beards. The exception to those is the Tormax giants who are in the throne room, they are the third faction.

There is a way to turn in the heads while KOS to bvellos but it’s fairly complicated. Also it’s somewhat difficult to get to the quest mobs if you’re KOS to tormax.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

you can also snare bvellos at a corner and you turn in to him out of lin of sight if kos
Old 04-10-2021, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

You can sneak turn in to Bvellos if you have someone factioned hail locking.

Getting to quest mobs behind KT throne is also easy. Invis. Drop off the right side and hug that wall. It's getting out that's complicated if you can't gate or haven't planned ahead with a wc cap. Or be fast and don't turn to see if they're chasing you. Assume they are.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:49 AM
Orc

The faction you need to turn in Coldain heads is Kromzek, however, you'll need to get by mobs on the Tormax faction to get to the room where the armor turn in mobs are. As someone who has just this week got Ally with Kromzek I'll tell you what I did.

To begin with, I am a 60 Troll Shaman and I was max scowling to all three : Kromrif, Kromzek and Tormax.

I started by killing Coldain and wolves the fields outside Thurgadin looting all Coldain heads. When I got bored with that I killed guards inside Thurg at the gate. I probably farmed that for a total of 8-10 hours killing as fast as I could. Each kill gives a small amount of +Rif and +Zek. No Tormax hits from these.

When I got tired of killing greens I would go to Skyshrine and kill the Fe'Dar and cubes. Each kill with give a decent bump to +Zek (no +Rif) and -CoV -Yelinak.

Eventually I conned Apprehensive to Kromzek while still Scowls to Kromrif. I invised to the bank and turned in 40 heads to Bvellos and am now Ally to Zek, Apprehensive to Rif and still Threatening to Tormax. I'd estimate another 10-15 Coldain heads should get me non KoS to Tormax.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Or skip all that, get 60 heads. Get a druid to group with you and snare park him at 90 degree angle at ew zl. Turn in around corner, invis and click accept. After 20 heads or so you won't need an invis. To turn in armor get someone to pull it like a faction pull and hail lock your npc. Save hours of wasted time. Hope that helps.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or skip all that, get 60 heads. Get a druid to group with you and snare park him at 90 degree angle at ew zl. Turn in around corner, invis and click accept. After 20 heads or so you won't need an invis. To turn in armor get someone to pull it like a faction pull and hail lock your npc. Save hours of wasted time. Hope that helps.
Ramen's got the right of it. Make friends with factioned pullers and they can just pull the quest mobs out so you don't have to worry about KT faction. The hit for each Coldain head is only +10 to King Tormax so it takes tons of heads to get non-kos.

If you sent a tell to someone in Eclipse (myself included), we could hook up pulling the quest mob out for you.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 04-19-2021, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can sneak turn in to Bvellos if you have someone factioned hail locking.
You can sneak turn in to Bvellos even if you don't have a factioned hail locker, you just need Jboots or SoW and have to follow him and turn in heads on the move while he's in the corridor heading from 4 way to arena. Its how I did my initial turnins until I went non-KOS to Zek.