Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Pretty sure this guy is the dwarf that got me killed a few times back in live. I just thought he could see invis period and would stay away from him.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Necro bump... is this still planning to be implemented? From that same link of yours, another post listing mechanic that has 'been around for years'...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...1&p=2#comments

Quote:
There's a bug that's been around for years. When you charm a mob and then let the charm go, that mob now sees invisible. It wont be listed on thier buffs list but from then on till you kill them, that particular npc can see invis. Responsible charmers kill off their old pets , but this is a faction mob so thats not so simple. But this is why he sometimes sees and sometimes doesn't. When he does, someone was there before you trying charm.
That post was 8/17/2003, if the 'been around for years' is to be taken for what its worth, it would be put into velious time frame.

I don't believe this is in effect on P99 as I have invis'd past a ratman warrior that was holding summoned mage swords.

My theory is some developer didn't understand the hate list mechanics and was worried if someone charmed and invised themselves to break it, that the mob could not see them to attack. So as a fail safe charm triggered a see invis ability on the mob.

This honestly explains a lot as you dig through posts of people saying a mob 'does not see invis' but someone chimes in saying 'he CAN see invis. Jumped my wizard that was running through zone while invised'. Pretty common to see that sort of thing in a ton of mob listing posts.

Just my 2cp.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you trying to derail my thread sir? Post specifics about what you want fixed in a game mechanics thread with clear evidence such as I have done above.
Okay, how about....

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=139036
This one

or...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=107938
This one

These might be a good start considering they've both been around for longer than 3 years. xD
Old 11-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Mr. Nilbog, found some potential evidence to this effect reading another bug report:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ht=charm+invis

Basically there is a confusing patch message out of era stating:
Quote:
- Charm is immediately removed from charmed NPC's when the character
that charmed them casts invisibility
This may lead some to believe that invis wouldn't break charm, but this is incorrect. Somehow the 'Charm buff' remained on the NPC after charm breaking with invis, causing some problems such as being unable to re-charm the creature.

I am unsure exactly how 'see invis' works on charmed mobs, if you charm a mob I believe they will automatically face an invisible creature, regardless if you yourself have see invis up. So perhaps the 'charm buff' gives them a see invis ability, or perhaps it is inherited from their master?

Anyways, a bit of loose evidence but maybe something to go off. Wouldn't happen 100% of the time it sounds like, but could account for some of these charmed see invis creatures.

The eqclassic link in the bug thread mentions that the buff would remain to the 'max duration' of what the charm spell would last (It looks like that could be up to 20 minutes), but who knows exactly as your other links say it is a permanent 'see invis' effect and not something that will wear off.

On a side note, not sure if this random charm bug due to invis is something you would be interested in recreating, didn't do much hard searching on it, but would guess there is some evidence out there for it.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not a fan of recreating bugs for the sake of being era accurate :\
This guy was Harrison