Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth781 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just did a little more research on the subject. Found this map on Everlore. Also, several other sites had roughly the same map....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We may think there were 2 dock stops, one for either side but it doesn't appear so on any of the maps I found. If there is a dock on the other side of the island, chances are the boat is supposed to stop there, but if there is no dock...
That's my recollection. I do remember that the paths taken were quite different, depending on the direction you were going (Erudin->Qeynos vs. Qeynos->Erudin).

Quote:
Any way to put some translocators in while the boats are broken?
God, let's hope not!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Dunno if this was fixed recently as I haven't taken the boats in a few weeks.... but the boat from Butcher -> OoT was in the wrong direction.

Currently on P99 it enters the zone from the east, stops at sisters island 1st, then passes AC / Seafury island then heads further west to antonica... which if you just lay this map down on the overall map of Antonica / Faydwer, makes sense.... but isn't how it worked on Live.

It used to enter from the west, stop at some fishing island then go the furthest south route and pass the Allizwesaur island and go through the east zoneline in the southeastern corner of the zone.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

"Dunno if this was fixed recently as I haven't taken the boats in a few weeks.... but the boat from Butcher -> OoT was in the wrong direction."

If I recall, that was done deliberately since the "correct" direction makes no sense geographically. I know it has been brought up before.

Danth
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Aviak

Qeynos boat seems to have been fixed. There's only one boat now. One boat, no collisions, no problem.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my recollection. I do remember that the paths taken were quite different, depending on the direction you were going (Erudin->Qeynos vs. Qeynos->Erudin).

God, let's hope not!
http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/images/...ssing_maps.jpg
Regarding Erud's Crossing, This map (by the legendary Maps) has a slightly different route/boat spawn than the Everlore map.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 05-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/images/...ssing_maps.jpg
Regarding Erud's Crossing, This map (by the legendary Maps) has a slightly different route/boat spawn than the Everlore map.
Well that answers the question as to whether or not the boat stopped at any other dock.

GIS for Wrong Dock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 269936593_ecd4f6af66.jpg (95.5 KB, 201 views)
Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumble [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos boat seems to have been fixed. There's only one boat now. One boat, no collisions, no problem.

Qeynos/Erudin boat is not fixed as of 5:30Central time, June 1st

two boats colliding in eruds crossing, the one heading to erudin keeps pushing me onto it while im on the boat heading to qeynos. the collision occurs just after the boat heading to qeynos makes its stop at the island.

apparently on my third attempt i made it to qeynos..if that makes a difference
Last edited by Jerin; 06-01-2012 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: new development
Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos/Erudin boat is not fixed as of 5:30Central time, June 1st

two boats colliding in eruds crossing, the one heading to erudin keeps pushing me onto it while im on the boat heading to qeynos. the collision occurs just after the boat heading to qeynos makes its stop at the island.

apparently on my third attempt i made it to qeynos..if that makes a difference
4 trips from Erudin to Qeynos and everytime collision occurs , making travel without an port not happening :/
Old 06-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouts85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4 trips from Erudin to Qeynos and everytime collision occurs , making travel without an port not happening :/
The trick is to stand on the rails on the side of the boat. When the boats collide you can walk forward and remain on the proper boat.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry if I am thread necroing but I couldnt find a more recent topic. Just took boat for first time in p99 across OoT.

There were definiteky two boats as of Aug 99 when I first started. Also, the boat model being used is wrong. There was a much smaller boat that you could go downstairs. This boat model you are using causes all sorts of issues. For one thing my feet never touched the deck. Theycalso dock funny

I dont mind fixing the routes to make geographical sense though.