Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default refresh rate keeps resetting

Hello guys,

I'm experiencing the following. I open eq with the eqgame "patchme.exe which is on windows xp sp2 and has admin rights.

My monitor is on 1920*1080 60hz, however whenever i launch everquest it launches on 59hz. This crashes my client once in a while when i zone etc. I am able to switch it manually to 60 hz in the ingame options. But when i log out and relog it just goes back to 59hz. My eqclient.ini isn't on readme only, so i'm running out of idea's what causes this, i also just updated my nvidia drivers so it can't be that. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. I can't stand it if i can't figure stuff like this out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 02-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Bump- having the same issue except it's changing from 60Hz to 24Hz when I go from windowed to fullscreen.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:38 AM
Sarnak

shouldn't need admin rights to run eq unless you've got it installed in a program files type location.

Are you positive that having the hz at 59 is causing your game to crash, I have the same res and hz monitor and and the setting is set on 59 and I am having no problems. Maybe a bit more research into what is causing the crash, event viewer application logs would be a start.