------------------------------
April 10, 2000

***Patch Day***

The following is a list of changes that were implemented on the Live
EverQuest servers today:

*Spells*
- You will now receive a message when attempting to mesmerize a
creature that is immune to that type of spell.
- You can now right-click-and-hold on bard songs to determine what
instrument skill is used by the spell.
- Dyn's Dizzying Draught has had its casting time lowered
significantly.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is the discussion about druid spell stacking and Druid root fix.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...st/1BNQOI6_gxc

Ok I should really sleep now hope this was helpfull

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry for all this info but:

found druid root changes:

April 10, 2000

***Patch Day***

EverQuest servers today:

*Spells*

- Corrected a bug in the Druid root + damage spells (Enveloping roots
series) that caused the spell's damage to have a chance of breaking the
spell. They work much better now.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone please explain why root breaks all the time? I'm talking about casting it on blues, and it breaks 2 seconds later. This sort of defeats the purpose of having a root spell at all...
Nukes break roots.

Also, root is the most OP spell in the game. A chance for random early breaks is just balance, amirite?

A J-Staff for tash can help root approach it's full duration more often.

Don't forget, the bigger the level difference, the greater the effect on the chances of early root break (low cons almost always last full duration, high cons rarely last long if they last at all).

If you want to solo hill giants you should have rolled a ranger and started kiting them at level 12.

Pewpew!
Last edited by Jimjam; 02-20-2018 at 06:08 AM..
Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it just broke 8 times on a hill giant in NK, forcing me to gate...a white con, which I was only able to get to 70% health because root kept breaking...this is not right.
/facepalm

Stick to XP green / easy blue for a while. You'll have a far less stressful experience and the levels will come just the same.
Last edited by kjs86z; 02-20-2018 at 08:28 AM..
Old 02-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Many theory on the over there. Could be majic or cactus but can’t be sure.

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utmost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be majic or cactus but can’t be sure.
god blss
Old 02-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played a druid during live 1997 and on.

was my understanding a mob that was rooted could break root upon taking direct damage(melee / spell/ability)

Why druid kind of sucked due to most of the druid root line having a dd component. You would cast root mob become root then damage was applied and since you did direct damage could break root right away. DOTS that did no direct damage would not break root this way.

so much uproar from druid complaining led to Sony changes the druid spell lines. They where changed so that initial DD component of root had a reduced or no chance to break the root I do not remember exact changes.

How P1999 goes about this implementing this effect i do not know. In my time here on p1999 I have seen other classes root behave like i remember them from live in so far that if you beat on the mob and or direct damage them while it is rooted they tend have root break.

Hope this helps or whatever 8)

general info on root roting tactic but desribes my memories of playing druid during live :

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Root_rotting
Thank you for a response with something other than trolling. That definitely helps, and makes me wonder if P99 is under the old system of root?
Old 02-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry for all this info but:

found druid root changes:

April 10, 2000

***Patch Day***

EverQuest servers today:

*Spells*

- Corrected a bug in the Druid root + damage spells (Enveloping roots
series) that caused the spell's damage to have a chance of breaking the
spell. They work much better now.

I may just be extremely unlucky, but this sounds like what I'm talking about. I root a mob, even a blue con, and then before I even have a chance to cast a dot or nuke, the root has already broken. It wasn't resisted, but it's basically like it was resisted because the mob momentarily paused in it's movement, and then continued. Yesterday in a different Kunark zone it was equally bad (FoB), but in an old-world dungeon it worked better. In both zones I was fighting blue mobs.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I may just be extremely unlucky, but this sounds like what I'm talking about. I root a mob, even a blue con, and then before I even have a chance to cast a dot or nuke, the root has already broken. It wasn't resisted, but it's basically like it was resisted because the mob momentarily paused in it's movement, and then continued. Yesterday in a different Kunark zone it was equally bad (FoB), but in an old-world dungeon it worked better. In both zones I was fighting blue mobs.
The server tick is not related to when your root lands. Every six seconds, zone/server wide, the game checks every rooted mob. This means that the first check can be almost instantly after you land root or almost 6 seconds after you land root.

The result is the chance to get the "instant" root break even though the spell wasn't resisted.

In all honesty, if you really feel like the resist rate is off what you need to do is parse it and share the data. I wouldn't be surprised if it has never been tested at lower levels, where there is actually a good chance that the formula is off from where it should be. The devs most certainly HAVE adjusted resists and root break chances multiple times on p99 (independent of the live patch notes) in their effort to fine tune it. It isn't perfect. It is only an approximation of what they think it should be from the era. There is a good chance that when they tested it they didn't look closely at lower lvl resist rates compared to max level testing, where it is actually pretty good.

The anecdotal "my root seems to break all the time" doesn't really help the folks who write the scripts.

Also as a side mention, the "blue"ness of the mob isn't the factor. Its the level difference. A mob that is only one level below you will be blue, but should resist/break root much more than a mob that is 5 levels below you (and still blue) . Also, as folks have mentioned there are some mobs which are just notoriously MR.

Also, Druid is one of the few casters I have never played on p99. I have no idea if the DD on the root is currently working as intended for the time line for a chance to break a root. The patch notes above do seem to indicate that at one time the DD on root did have a chance to break the unresisted root...but that it was changed at some time during classic to not have that chance. Druid experts?
Last edited by fastboy21; 02-21-2018 at 04:52 PM..
Old 02-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

My level 24 ranger was strolling over to the outpost in Firiona Vie from Lake of Ill omen and I picked up a Pirate that saw through my invis and chased me to the guards.

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Pirate

The guards didn't care. None of the NPC's in Firiona Vie cared. Out of desperation I rooted it. The root stuck, even though it was a red con, so I ran and sat to camp out. The duration didn't cut the mustard and it was on me again. After using more mana and several low duration attempts, I was on my last attempt and it stuck. I diagonal straffed and jumped to gain distance and camped. I faded out with about 2 full seconds to spare. So After close to 6 attempts, I did get a full 30 second duration root which saved me.

From my experience on Brell Serilis back on classic, root would rarely land on a red con target, much less for full duration. I found it odd that it was landing as much as it did on the Pirate, even though the durations were minimal for nearly all of them. For what it's worth, snare refused to land on the rooted target at all.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 02-21-2018 at 05:05 PM..
Closed Thread