Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Kobold

Default Blood Ink

I believe this quest to be currently broken on Live and P99.

Source:

Quest NPC is War Historian Kobl in East Cabilis' Warriors guild.

Quote:
You say, 'Hail, War Historian Kobl.'

War Historian Kobl says, 'You have come to learn? Have you not? I have knowledge of importance to young warriors of the Legion. Or perhaps you are a scribe seeking my [unique writing materials].'

You say, 'What unique writing materials?'
War Historian Kobl says, 'You must be a scribe of sorts? Always glad to assist a talented yourth. I make two things unique to Cabilis and important to any future master scribe. I can create [Blood Ink] and [Illweed Parchment].'

You say, 'What blood ink?'
War Historian Kobl says, 'If Blood Ink is what you seek then only I can provide it. I use a unique blend prepared in my secret method. I can supply you with a vial of Blood Ink, but first you must fetch me four ingredients. I need globules of blood from certain creatures. I need globules from the carnivorous plants, the leeches, and the mosquitoes. I also need globules from the blood pit of the Tower of Death. Bring me these and be quick, or the blood shall disintegrate."
The aforementioned ingredients do not appear to drop. Furthermore...

This is the Tower of Death:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the blood pit:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is impossible to fish whatever-the-fuck the fourth ingredient is out of the Blood Pit. The geometry of the pit (raised walkway) causes the following message to appear during any fishing attempts:

Quote:
Trying to catch land sharks perhaps?
Foraging does not produce anything worthwhile and there are no apparent ground spawns in the pool.

Requesting that you guys look into War Historian Kobl's quest dialogues, as this is directly related to the Illweed Parchment quest and apparently a deadend quest currently.Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:07 PM
Former Guide

Resolving as I see no evidence this was ever solved on live (broken). So for now, working as intended.
Closed Thread