Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Skeleton

Default Old school Paladin returning, but lots of questions.

Well how to start...? Geez I remember when I was like sixteen years old when I went into the sight and sound electronics store in a military naval base in Rota, Spain, and went into the PC game section to find a large, beautifully detailed box copy of Everquest The Ruins of Kunark. My very first mmo, yet I was such a blasted noob and made so many mistakes both ingame and socially up to the Planes of Power that I gave up and moved on to FFXI.

Now im 28 years old, ive always played a Tank in MMO's however I always loved being a Paladin regardless of its role. Im the hardworking aspire to perfection sort and play to my absolute best ability. Thing is their is a lull between good mmos right now and I wanna go back to my roots for a long while. Thinking Project 1999 may be perfect.

Thus my questions, are Paladins the exact same way in PJ1999 as I remembered all those years ago? All I can honestly remember was being a average DPS offtank with a bunch of versatile spells and abilities, I soloed and grouped alot, lol I even tried to organize a Nagafen raid once to go for my Fiery avenger. I always dreamed of getting a Fiery Defender but back then I was too inexperienced and too online socially inept to have any hopes of getting it. Before Velious came the only really great achievement I ever gotten was a full DW set.

I also have the question of if Velious is activated in PJ1999? Also are their AA points in it as well? Also are the Luclin models usable? Is their any graphical modifications/UI mods that are allowed? Is the experience rate and loot tables the same or modified?

Would love any answers given.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Aviak

Since i have never done a paladin i can not help with those questions but i can help with the rest.

Velious is not out yet, we are not sure when it will be either.

Yes the luclin models are useable but they are not the default, you can search up the forums for how to do it.

I believe UI and Graphic modes are allowed but do not quote me on that.

Also send a message to Udohorn if i am online should be able to get you a nice Paladin wep.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Skeleton

Hmm ok cool. Does armor have any lv restrictions or was it like it was before, where as no restriction on level? Also since velious isnt in yet, are AA abilities being planned on?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

No level restrictions on gear other than procs/ clickies as of yet. No AAs as those didn't come out to Luclin. Calling a Paly an average DPS tank is grossly overestimating the damage output.

Still, I wouldn't trade my paly for anything.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Skeleton

Yea man like I said I can hardly remember anything, I was only a kid at the time.

Are Paladins worth anything then?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Aviak

They're great off tanks, and they're fun. Playing a video game for enjoyment = Worth everything
Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Skeleton

Whats the best gear for a Paladin atm of this Emuservers current content?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Aviak

Dwarven cultural is on par with being best gear outside of raid/no drop pieces
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Skeleton

What about for Human?
Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

There's a ton of human cultural armor, its worth looking up on the wiki - its deity specific so check out what fits best to a paladin before rolling one I'd say. Or if already rolled, see if your deity armor is any good and worth buying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know for clerics, the DE cultural is an excellent choice for us dark elf variety whereas some of the other races aren't as lucky.
Closed Thread