Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Default DEX , Proc rate and high proc weapons <Long>

Hello everyone

*** Thanks to koros post on second page ( lucy raw data shows all proc rate for weapon currently in game) I havve no need to continue data sets. Seems only few select weapons most raid reward have a higher than normal proc rate. ***

more information :

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...hp/t-8842.html

Does anyone know if this comment is accurate for hate value of debuff procs??

Qoute: Mykil posted in linked thread "Someone suggested ~300 hate for debuff procs. Would that be any type of debuff or say only AC or resist debuff procs? "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proc rates are computed on a procs per minute basis. I believe this is the same number for the vast majority of weapons, but some weapons have a higher adjusted procs per minute rate, and some such (with big procs) are adjusted downwards. The game translates the weapons targeted procs per minute and applies it to your weapon. If you are swinging 100 times a minute with your main hand, and the targeted procs per minute is 5, then the game essentially makes this computation:

* 5 procs divided by 100 swings = chance to proc per swing
* 5 / 100 = 0.05 or 1 in twenty chance.

Now if your haste wears off, and you're only swinging 50 times per minute, the game actually will up your chance to proc per swing

* 5 / 50 = 0.10 or 1 in 10 chance to proc per swing

This is confusing to some people but it's definitely true.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=144

For Main hand weapons:
105 DEX = 1 proc/min
205 DEX = 1.5 proc/min
305 DEX = 2 proc/min

For offhand weapons:
105 DEX = .5 proc/min
205 DEX = .75 proc/min
305 DEX = 1 proc/min

combat rounds go like this:
primary proc chance OR secondary proc
buff proc OR other buff proc OR other buff proc
ToTC proc
swing
another swing if dual wield checks
another swing if triple attack checks

It's a little different here. Since our dex cap is 255, main hand proc rate scales from 0.5PPM @ 0 DEX -> 2.0PPM @ 255 DEX. The stock emu code that we were previously using would only increase the proc rate 0.5PPM across the 0->255 DEX range. It also was attempting to proc once per attack for the offhand, which was weird. Basically, make friends with a shaman
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So reading all this I did some testing as I remember having a hard time getting some weapons to proc playing melee class before.

War Half elf Level 27 Geared Dex 150.

Primary hand Glaive of Marltek < dam 5 dely 24 proc snare at level 15> , and off hand kicsh der Pavz < dam 10 delay 38 +5 dex proc stong poison at level 25>.

Headed to swamp no hope and proceeded to kill 108 Iksar exiles for the next 2.5 levels.

Proces of killing : would engage Iksar exil would fight till Glaive would proc snare that was not resisted, then switch to 2hander for dps. Kept carefull track of procs from both weapons. yes this would mean I would not see full proc through out fights but I need to keep my sanity and get some steady xp. anyhow

Data :

108 Iksar exiles
The glaive proc performed surprisingly well failing to proc only 7 times out of 108 kills .

The Kicsh der Pavz Surprised me since I would only record its proc if it proced before a non resist snare from Glaive.

Kisch PROCS 60 times out of 108 kills.

would kill 3 Ikar exiles within 7 min.

Conclusion : to my view its seem both these weapon have higher than normal proc rates.

Garue 30th Half elf war karana.
Last edited by Buellen; 05-14-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

I remember using a Kicsh in my offhand before I got a second SSoY, my experience with that weapon seems to coincide with your theory..... But maybe I was just lucky! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Kudos for doing and posting some research!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

so doing some math

My proc rate at dex 150 is supposed to be 1.16 proc per minute did i get this right?

Garue 30th Half elf war Karana / Buskier 33 Human cleric Rodcet nife 201 skill blacksmith.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

A nice data set!

Are there any modifiers among different classes to think about? ie - would a monk's proc rate be higher than a warrior's with the same weapon?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Hey swish

From what i remember classes did not have a modifier to proc rate.

I know folks have done massive parsing with most popular weapons I believe those where from pop era though. I was curious about different weapon that are not used often and hence i made this data set.

I remember one monk in my guild would parse big blocks of hours on the chest in the luclin zone katta castellum i think it was. green con chest in bank that guards would not assist.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Default new data set small intialy will be larger at end

*** changed post to show full data set now that garue ding 31. *****

so 30 being hell level I decided to try new data set

30 half elf war geared dex 150.

primary : deadwood stave 8 dam 28 delay proc 45 pt life drain at 30.

secondary: kicsh der pavz dam 10 delay 38 +5 dex proc strong poison at 25.

Kill method: pullled iksar exile no change in weapons just pure killing had to zone a few times as mob would wander into the 6 spwn near spot i was kiling.

fight time: 3 to 5 min for 3 mobs spwn. respawn timer 7min ( fight themselves are about 1 min, some where longer if they went swimming but was uncommon to go more than 1min )

data: 103 iksar exiles killed

deadwood stave proc 181 times. Failed to proc on 13 iksar exiles. max proc seen on single iksar exile 5.

Kicsh dar pavz proc 90 times. Failed to proc on 32 Iksar Exiles max proc seen on single Iksar exile 4.

Not sure what to think about the deadwood stave. If Failed to proc on twice as many mobs in comparison to Glaive from earlier data set even with not switching weapons like I did with glaive.

kicsh dar pavz I diffinitly like for of hander and still think it has a high proc rate than normal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garue 31th Half elf War Karana / Buskier 33 Human Cleric Rodcet nife.
Last edited by Buellen; 05-07-2013 at 11:59 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Default New data set complete

as title say new data set complete.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the info Buellen, I found your data set really helpful. It definitely clears up some questions I had in regards to dex. Thanks again for your hard work.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned

Some weapons proc'd much more than others for sure
Closed Thread