Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

...and from that I can see why people don't like rotations.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

still have yet to get a eyepatch cause of a 2 day "casual" guild camping it harder then we do tov dragons. Hypocrites.

Stop acting like casuals cant compete. They can but I feel this is all due to them thinking they cant 'win' (which is totally false with lockout timers alone)

Every guild that raided this past weekend also were not casual play styles.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 01-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Aviak

Can we have an ST rotation already? Zone is awful.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

People r wasting so much time and effort on a Ravager that doesnt even play on this server and really knows nothing of new world rotations, lives in the past, stays on phinny.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The backlash of that was having to have a zerg preparked/ready to go if you wanted Class R pixels, should it have been that way? Definitely not.

RIP Moonlight Crusaders
RIP Supremacy

More Hate/Fear/Sky raids for the rest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that if Class R mobs went unkilled Class C would kill them making those valuable rotational mobs we fought hard to get set aside pointless?

I understand those small guilds need a fair and reasonable chance, but at the same time Class C guilds at the time wouldnt care who was up for any particular mob, if it was up past 6 hours, it was engaged immediately after. Even Maestro...
Old 01-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People r wasting so much time and effort on a Ravager that doesnt even play on this server and really knows nothing of new world rotations, lives in the past, stays on phinny.
wasting time??? its already Noon muahahahaha
Old 01-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is correct - Class C competition was even more fiercer and scarier than competing with A/A today.

The barrier of entry to VP key your raid force for Class C made it impossible for any guild to enter. Looking back, since Taken/BDA are a common 'root' of rotational problems - having Trakanon ever rotate to Class C was the issue.

If guilds were suppose to progress up to Class C and VP was the big prize, Class C should have never had a 'free' Trakanon and the dragon should have just rotated FFA/R. This would have allowed Taken/BDA type guilds to properly key up a raid force to move to the next tier. In fact, we probably should have not rotated Trakanon at all in Class R and set him aside for aspiring Class C guilds...

Oh well.
Era that was brilliant. Yes that would have been a big piece in the puzzle.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Era that was brilliant. Yes that would have been a big piece in the puzzle.
yea damn me for not thinking of this years ago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

For all the noise in this thread, it really isn't our battle.

The owners of the server have created an ecosystem...and the outcomes of that ecosystem have been pretty consistent over time. I think, whether they know it or not, they have the culture (with the attendant distribution of resources) that they want.

Their server, their rules, their outcomes.

If we've learned anything from this one, anomalous weekend, it is that some on the server would prefer to play in a way that's not consistent with the long term, historical outcomes we've seen on p99.

That's not up to us, though. History here shows that because of the way that the rules are written and enforced, if the AAs were to poof tomorrow, those niches would be filled by others. That's how systems work (resource availability).

The problem, if it is a problem, is the way the ecosystem is constructed and governed. And at the end of it all, it's for the owners to decide whether the problem that some see is a problem at all. And history says (apart from the TMO-monopolization BOOM) there's no problem at all in their minds.

That said, I had a great time this weekend. If it were up to me, we'd see stuff like this more often. Not my server, tho - it's not up to me. The only choice, really, that I have is if I log in or not. Their world, their rules.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 01-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

You're in their world now.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Closed Thread