Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Chances of getting Book of Scale...

So while killing time on my lunch break i was looking at the pally epic. Sounds to me like the hardest part is going to be acquiring the book of scale. I say this because I've been on this server almost a year and have never been invited to a vox/naggy/other dragon raid or even heard of them being up before someone snipes them. Some poor guy in the ec forums has been trying to buy one for awhile...

I'm sure it's possible to get, but how difficult is it on p99?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'm guessing its not bad. There aren't that many paladins on the server. I seem to remember killing vox with VD and like 3 dropped once hehe. Or maybe that was the torn, burnt book? IDR.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Can't you buy a book of scale for like 25k from another player?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, which is no small fee, but it seems like they are few and far between. From what I've read you have to get 2 no drop books off a white and red dragon, then turn them in to an evil npc to get the droppable book of scale.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

There's probably more competition for the Book of Scale for people trying to get Miragul's Robe for resist gear (and looks).
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

I assume the only combine for this on the server currently is the one in Neriak? I've got access to both a frost and a burnt book, but of course they're on separate toons. What faction level do you need to be at to succeed with the turn in?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkutron5000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume the only combine for this on the server currently is the one in Neriak? I've got access to both a frost and a burnt book, but of course they're on separate toons. What faction level do you need to be at to succeed with the turn in?
This was my concern with being able to acquire one. Seems as though getting in on a naggy/vox raid requires being in the poopsock team with <52 alts nearby, and the real white/red dragons are farmed like crazy...both component books are no drop and the turn in mob is on evil faction.

Because of that I would think they are fairly few and far between...looks like one shows up on the EC forum every few months. 20-25k seems awfully high for an epic component when there are only a tiny number of pallies who are even 46+
Old 12-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's probably more competition for the Book of Scale for people trying to get Miragul's Robe for resist gear (and looks).
Old 12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

25k for 10 disease and poison resist? Seems a bit excessive...ishva robe has 14 poison alone for <2k
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

I can't speak for other guilds and how they handle their books, but we (TMO) do not charge our own members for what is usually just random-if-you'll-use-it-even-alts sort of items. ETA: Or any other sort of items for that matter ><

... yet.
Closed Thread