Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 01:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HOA is absolutely a good thing. Keeps the neighborhood from going to hell. If you have an issue with HOA rules you are a low class redneck. Get out of my nice neighborhood and live with the scum elseware.

HOAs began as something sensible. While some may still be somewhat reasonable, that is generally limited to the voluntary branch of HOAs. Mandatory HOAs have become so riddled with self-righteous little twats trying to micromanage other peoples lives -- or, in many cases, hotbeds for corruption and embezzlement -- that they should be avoided at all costs.

Their lunacy has become so pervasive that your comment firmly cements you into one of the following categories:
1) completely ignorant on home ownership and HOAs
2) a card-carrying member of the smug little cunt HOA board member club
3) a pleb with no self-respect and no regard for freedom and the right to live your life the way you see fit

People do not actively seek out such membership unless they think they have a calling to micromanage other people with their own narrow view of how one should live life.

I repeat, HOAs and their respective leaders are little Napoleon-complex bitches that can eat a dick.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

And in direct response to your situation... you're perceiving the HOA as good because you live next to low-class redneck scum? Lol. How about you move out of the trailer park and into a real neighborhood with property that the scum can't afford?

At that point people have enough pride in themselves that general maintenance and cleanliness isn't an issue. HOAs have nothing to do at that point but bitch about the color of your mailbox.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Banned

sioux giving the sloppiest of bjs to corporate interests

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To keep it from falling into a state of ruin, to insure my neighbor doesn't let his grass grow into a wheat field because he watched a documentary and thinks grocery stores are the devil.
Who cares if someone want's to grow a jungle on their front lawn. It's their home, they bought it, they pay property tax and causes you no harm.

And lets be real this isn't being used to deal with a jungle, it's used because someone is busy and their grass grew a few inches and people for some reason give a shit. That's some hank hill level nonsense.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you want to have a dick measuring contest, I suppose we can do that. I probably pay more in taxes than you earn in a year though, maybe two. Given CA's tax structure I might even pay more in state tax alone depending on your definition of upper middle class and locale. That probably isn't a direction you want to take things though.

I refuse to own property in HOA-run neighborhoods. My primary residence is part of a diverse, upper class neighborhood with home values ranging from the low to mid 7 figures, maybe one or two slightly more. It's a lot nicer than some places while not as nice as others in proximity. We don't have an HOA, and I don't need to pay anyone $30 or $300 remind me to keep my yard maintained. There are city ordinances that govern garbage can placement, street parking, and some other minor things.

What else do I have to worry about? That my neighbor who pays $20k a month on his mortgage is going to embrace his inner redneck and turn his lawn into a junkyard? Get real.

I also don't have to worry about fraud, embezzlement, corruption, or any kind of power tripping because I own my property and I can do with it as I see fit as long as it falls within the law, which I have no problem with.

A few years back I lived in a neighborhood that would probably fit your description of middle class. Again, no HOA. The people were friendly and kept to themselves. Kids ran around the neighborhood and left their toys in the yard. I had no problem with it because that doesn't affect me; it isn't my business. The HOA nazis would have been out in force though. Lol... just thinking about you guys and the stick up your ass for telling people to what to do. I laugh and I cringe.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:56 PM
Banned

so my dick is bigger than yours? got it
Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also, HOAs are like fucking cancer. I probably wouldn't rant against them so much if they weren't shoved down your throat. In SoCal you can't really find any new developments without them. Forget about condos and townhomes regardless of the age. Your best bet is waiting for property in specific areas to become available.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Here's a fun thread!
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...ck_hoas_story/
Old 05-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It seems like there are a lot of people making big 6-7figs paycheques who play a 20 year old mmo and post to RnF.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like there are a lot of people making big 6-7figs paycheques who play a 20 year old mmo and post to RnF.
Why would that surprise you? It's a 20 year old mmo. People that played when it was released are now 30, 40, 50. Or are only idiots with dead-end jobs allowed to enjoy video games?
Closed Thread