Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a total coincidence that the culture of elf-litigation lawyerquesting, petitions, and overall pettiness, which was mostly dormant for nearly a year, happened to make a quick and speedy resurgence at the same time that AM 5.0 (now with more <Freedom>!) formed up. Surely, we can't link the two things. We can add to that coincidence that practice of coming to the forums to gloat about being super awesome at a videogame from the Clinton era, and of complaining about how not-awesome another group of elf-nerds is.

We're all so glad you're back, helping to make P99 a positive, healthy experience.
All this AM 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and apparently Freedom is AM 5.0(?) coming from Riot members in various threads. I'm willing to bet that Riot has more ex-AM members than Freedom atm.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this AM 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and apparently Freedom is AM 5.0(?) coming from Riot members in various threads. I'm willing to bet that Riot has more ex-AM members than Freedom atm.
Dont forget the IB->Rampage->Awakened->Tempest->Core->Riot lineage. IB 5.0 confirmed.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

He's giving an example of when riot gave them free mobs, not complaining, lol. Detox says that riot gave up mobs ( and it was alot more then just an eashen/ikky) because there was no competition but there were plenty of times Aftermath didn't have competition and how many mobs did you let the small guilds on the server have? ZERO. Btw your alliance partner AG has been here the whole time riot has.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have made exactly two specific claims repeatedly. That Ghxst shit all over a Vindi outside of the usual Sunday agreement. Note that this is Ghxst not Freedom and was under very different and apparently less focused and more disorganized leadership.

Secondly that at some point Kittens and other guilds were gifted attempts on a couple NToV mobs, but that appears to have been as much due to the population crash on blue than who was the top raid guild at the time.

I guess you're also adding in rotations now but why the rotations got nuked varies by who you ask. Again, Ghxst were being shitbags with RW and ST and that sucks that it led to the situation that we have now. But Ghxst isn't Freedom they are very different entities which should be clear by now, despite the membership they share. Regardless of the initial catalyst for ditching rotations, it is fully Riot that's currently refusing to consider rotating again as I understand it (not a UN rep or anything).
You're the only one actually engaging substantively here, so +1. There doesn't appear to be a major different between Ghxst and Freedom, from the outside observer. The denial of this obvious fact is part of the point here. There's a pretty consistent through-line of leadership, and general membership, running from old-AM to the current Freedom. Adding a handful of disaffected Riot leadership doesn't really change that underlying dynamic. You guys still have the old AM guild bank, I presume?

The uncontested mobs that were agreed to at that time also are not the point in and of themselves. It just demonstrates that <R> was, in some ways, better to work with. If and when <F> decides that they are also willing to exercise some forbearance here and there, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.

It might even be that Riot is the main party preventing a ring war agreement. I know when I've socked Badain they certainly seem content with the current status quo, so it's not like I hold them blameless. What's the <F> proposal for a ring war agreement?

For better or worse Riot acts/acted differently than you all do, and people make judgments accordingly.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you get like a 2/10 for reading comprehension. ouch.
You made it seem like the gravy train ended because Freedom came around. I see your followup explanation now.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're the only one actually engaging substantively here, so +1. There doesn't appear to be a major different between Ghxst and Freedom, from the outside observer. The denial of this obvious fact is part of the point here. There's a pretty consistent through-line of leadership, and general membership, running from old-AM to the current Freedom. Adding a handful of disaffected Riot leadership doesn't really change that underlying dynamic. You guys still have the old AM guild bank, I presume?

The uncontested mobs that were agreed to at that time also are not the point in and of themselves. It just demonstrates that <R> was, in some ways, better to work with. If and when <F> decides that they are also willing to exercise some forbearance here and there, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.

It might even be that Riot is the main party preventing a ring war agreement. I know when I've socked Badain they certainly seem content with the current status quo, so it's not like I hold them blameless. What's the <F> proposal for a ring war agreement?

For better or worse Riot acts/acted differently than you all do, and people make judgments accordingly.
Sorry trump will win.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
FFS, we can't even agree on how not to make ring wars awful.
Just so you're aware, the less toxic guild (Riot) you've been going on about is the singular entity that is preventing this. Freedom and AG both support some form of rotation (competitive rotation would be fun, but willing to look into anything). Riot is the reason the most recent agreement was dissolved.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What's the <F> proposal for a ring war agreement?
Pretty open really. Something that doesn't involve a ridiculous waste of time click fest above all else. I even think it would be great for the server to occasionally do a fully cooperative ring war. It's a unique event that is actually enjoyable and I see no reason why we couldn't, on occasion, enjoy it together. But click fests? That blame is squarely on the shoulders of Riot.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty open really. Something that doesn't involve a ridiculous waste of time click fest above all else. I even think it would be great for the server to occasionally do a fully cooperative ring war. It's a unique event that is actually enjoyable and I see no reason why we couldn't, on occasion, enjoy it together. But click fests? That blame is squarely on the shoulders of Riot.
You may be right, like I said I don't hold them blameless. They are as greedy and as self interested as anyone, which isn't even necessarily a bad thing in a competitive environment. Flip side: they are at least pretty clear about what their issue with the prior agreement was, and why they backed out of it. My contracts professor used to say that "everything is a drafting problem," and I think that applies to why the last agreement broke down - there were some ambiguities that could be tightened up with another set of terms.

All we have from you guys is the assertion you're for an agreement, but no concrete terms on which to discuss. Really though, ring war should be its thread.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry trump will win.
Lol, I've been saying that he'll win since 2017. We probably feel differently about what that means, though.
Closed Thread