Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Kyle is just another rioter and will face the needle in his own hour as well.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

My mom moved to her house 18 years ago. It was a middle class neighborhood. Since then the city council has done a lot of shit. Her neighborhood is now a crime infested shithole. A drug/flop house on one side of her. Two time violent felon living in his car a hundred yards from her. She's seen protesters/rioters in her neighborhood fairly often over the last couple months. The cops in her city are stretched very thin and can't respond very quickly to anything.

My 74 year old mom has spent the night away from her place a few times when things get riled up and she has the ability to leave. I've even spent the night in her spare room once. So if I spend the night with her and end up shooting somebody that is doing something that threatens her well being (including significant property damage) I should be tried for murder?

I mean, it isn't my property so I shouldn't give a shit and have no business being there. My mom must be an idiot for allowing a felon to live in his car or letting the house next door become a flop house. Why doesn't she just move? OMG, what the fuck is wrong with me and my mom? We must be real shit stains.

AmIright?
Old 09-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

You are allowed to defend your mother dumb ass. Kyle Rittenhouse or any other random 17 year old isn’t
Old 09-22-2020, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMG, what the fuck is wrong with me and my mom? We must be real shit stains.

AmIright?
At least one of you is.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Ah, I'm just trying to figure out where the line is for defending others. If Kyle was defending a grandparents house would it be ok? How about a great aunt/uncle? Is it the fact that he's 17 that's the problem? Would it be ok if he was say 21? 25? 30? I'm simply trying to understand your stance. If I was incapacitated and either my 16 year old daughter (who has had nearly 50 hours of firearm safety classes at a professional range) was staying the night at my mom's house where do you stand then? How about any of my four nephews (they range from 22-30 years old) staying with grandma?

@ Pretzelle - What should I do to not be a shitstain? Should I leave my wife and kids to live with my mom permanently? Should we leave our current home and buy one in my mom's neighborhood? My mom refuses to leave so that isn't an option. Throwing my hands up in the air and telling my mom "Sucks to be you" doesn't sit well with me. So please tell me how to go from being a shitstain to an upstanding citizen.

Edit to add: Just to muddy the waters. There use to be a mosque a little over an hour from where I live. It was torched a couple years ago. There was liability insurance but no full coverage. It was gutted; cheaper to tear it down and rebuild rather than repair. If somebody like Kyle was there before the arsonist started the fire would that change anybody's point of view? What if nobody was killed but temporarily disabled? permanently disabled? FYI, the mosque has been torn down and is a currently a parking lot. Story here: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...llevue-mosque/
Last edited by Blingy; 09-22-2020 at 01:23 PM..
Old 09-22-2020, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are allowed to defend your mother dumb ass. Kyle Rittenhouse or any other random 17 year old isn’t
My man, Patriam the racist is *correct*. As Americans, we should *never* act as part of a community. Individuals should give zero (0) fucks about the hardship and security of their fellow human beans.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm simply trying to understand your stance.
Understand you're being trolled and their stance is to aggravate you.

Under every circumstance in human history someone like Kyle would be called a hero. Imagine a man who takes up arms to defend people he does not know. There are statues to people like that all over the world. Someone who forsakes safety and treks to a dangerous place to defend people he never met from others coming with lit torches and murderous ideologies? They make up poems and songs about such people.

When you have a coddled child-like mind it's impossible to believe that a 17-year old could be called a man, but that's just a product of the pussification of America. I was out on my own at 16; I had adult choices to make and that was fine because at 16 I was an adult. But today a 17-year old is just chan-larping some video-game fantasy because it's inconceivable to assign so much agency to someone so much younger than yourself. I guess also braver. It's hard to be brave in today's society, because today society only rewards collective bravery, like from firefighters and inner-city teachers.

Kyle obviously didn't go there with the intent of shooting someone. It's obvious. He spend the vast majority of his time cleaning schools and peacefully hanging out, standing around with other people around various properties. It's documented in pictures and video. And he never ever displayed any aggressive attitude at all. He brought a gun because everyone was bringing a gun. Him, the people protecting the property, the rioters, the bystanders, cops, everyone was armed. I mean yeah some people weren't armed with guns. They had sticks and knives and skateboards. Explosives.

Every single person there assumed the risk of being in an armed riot. Every single one. They were all adults, and they all made the rational decision that they were going to be there armed. Whatever your agenda was, if you were within a quarter-mile of that place you were assuming an informed risk.

If you got shot because you were charging someone with a gun from behind, or hitting a gun owner on the head, or coming up to an armed person and assuming a shooting stance while pointing a handgun at them, and then your ass got shot that would be 100% on you. And that's the black and white of it. Three people got shot because they said to themselves, I am an adult and my informed decision is to attack this guy holding a rifle. Yup, sounds good, watch me go!

If Kyle didn't shoot these guys some other guy would have, and then he would be getting picked apart by cowards too. It's good to know that if my community was threatened some people I don't know would travel to protect me. I take comfort in that. I take comfort in living in a community that would welcome people like that. That's the best thing.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:12 PM
Banned

Everyone should be fully armed and ready at all times. Dick these forum vaginas
Old 09-22-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Understand you're being trolled and their stance is to aggravate you.

Under every circumstance in human history someone like Kyle would be called a hero. Imagine a man who takes up arms to defend people he does not know. There are statues to people like that all over the world. Someone who forsakes safety and treks to a dangerous place to defend people he never met from others coming with lit torches and murderous ideologies? They make up poems and songs about such people.

When you have a coddled child-like mind it's impossible to believe that a 17-year old could be called a man, but that's just a product of the pussification of America. I was out on my own at 16; I had adult choices to make and that was fine because at 16 I was an adult. But today a 17-year old is just chan-larping some video-game fantasy because it's inconceivable to assign so much agency to someone so much younger than yourself. I guess also braver. It's hard to be brave in today's society, because today society only rewards collective bravery, like from firefighters and inner-city teachers.

Kyle obviously didn't go there with the intent of shooting someone. It's obvious. He spend the vast majority of his time cleaning schools and peacefully hanging out, standing around with other people around various properties. It's documented in pictures and video. And he never ever displayed any aggressive attitude at all. He brought a gun because everyone was bringing a gun. Him, the people protecting the property, the rioters, the bystanders, cops, everyone was armed. I mean yeah some people weren't armed with guns. They had sticks and knives and skateboards. Explosives.

Every single person there assumed the risk of being in an armed riot. Every single one. They were all adults, and they all made the rational decision that they were going to be there armed. Whatever your agenda was, if you were within a quarter-mile of that place you were assuming an informed risk.

If you got shot because you were charging someone with a gun from behind, or hitting a gun owner on the head, or coming up to an armed person and assuming a shooting stance while pointing a handgun at them, and then your ass got shot that would be 100% on you. And that's the black and white of it. Three people got shot because they said to themselves, I am an adult and my informed decision is to attack this guy holding a rifle. Yup, sounds good, watch me go!

If Kyle didn't shoot these guys some other guy would have, and then he would be getting picked apart by cowards too. It's good to know that if my community was threatened some people I don't know would travel to protect me. I take comfort in that. I take comfort in living in a community that would welcome people like that. That's the best thing.
How does one defend with a gun? What is the intended action?
Old 09-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Banned

If you don't carry a firearm at all times you are being negligent to your safety. Earth to patriam u r a hairy sweaty Iranian you can't handle america please go home
Closed Thread