Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi tunic, some ok to good weps and literally anything else
This. Fungi, 36% haste and weapons that are atleast 1/2 ratio and you will fly to 50 faster than it would take to even start trying to acquire other gear listed in this thread.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Fungi, 36% haste and weapons that are atleast 1/2 ratio and you will fly to 50 faster than it would take to even start trying to acquire other gear listed in this thread.
Yeah i wonder if any of the people who posted suggestions in here have ever played p99 past lvl 40
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i wonder if any of the people who posted suggestions in here have ever played p99 past lvl 40
i did basically what i suggested on my pally alt.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:20 PM
Kobold

have fun till 30ish then it falls off young warrior u will learn these things
Old 09-23-2020, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

i did the warrior solo twink on almost every race possible because i'm a dumb addict and i love the warrior. here are a few suggestions:

RACE without slam it's gonna suck. you really want the interrupts vs the casters, and you really want that tiny momentum when mobs start fleeing before they aggro all of their friends. you have no CC. you're a dumb warrior. you don't want to start playing with 500 root nets. you just want to auto-attack and smoke weed. also, level 20+ you will be using 2HX so shield-switching to bash is also problematic. all in all even if my Dark Elf and Gnome were the sexiest warrior twinks and most cool to play, even if I liked the Forage on my Wood Elf cause I'm dumb, and even if doing Barrel Rolls on my Dwarf finally made Endurance relevent and my peepee hard... I had much much more fun on my Barb and my Troll. Because it just works. So this is my first advice ~

STARTING STAT my suggestion is 75 AGI if necessary and then everything else in DEX. because you're a filthy twink you'll have enough STR to carry everything and do decent DPS. from there I think the only relevent thing for the solo warrior twink are procs from the weapons, so DEX it is. Also pick a religion. Come on. Don't be that stupid agnostic guy.

STARTING GEAR you need the Fungi Tunic, the highest haste you can buy (I'm at 34% with the SSHB, but do 36-41% if you can obviously), and for every other slot i aim for the highest AC possible. AC is crazy good for the early level and this is what will fit the best with the fungi. of course try to get some brute HP and STR and DEX and SVM and whatnot in there, but you'll get some if you want or not, so I wouldn't aim for them. example Targishin's Bone Mask? Cold Steel Greaves? Circlet of Valon? super kosher, no problem. Also you're a brilliant man and you don't forget the last item slot: food. get yourself 2 stacks of whatever that gives +4STR or some shit. i mean why not? it's free real estate. and get yourself SoW pots as well. something like 3 potions of 10 charges should be good. don't MQ the Jboots. this is just a filthy twink and you probably gave it a dumb name, come on, whatever. plus the Jboots are slower than SoW. just SoW yourself up. whenever possible, beg for a SoW like a man to save on pots.

WEAPONS level 1-12 you want something like a Sebilite Croaking Dirk and a dumb shield like Clay Guardian Shield (you'll dump it soon so don't buy something fancier). remember there is a damage cap at early levels this is why i recommend the SCD, higher dmg will be wasted. level 13-19 you want something like Winters Fury on main hand and you can continue using the SCD offhand for now. level 20+ just keep the lightest weight weapon you can for 1HS, 1HB and Piercing to keep the weapon skills amd dual wield maxxed but you will not ever use DW until level 50. you will want the best 2HX you can buy with your budget. Staff of Battle is the best quality/price you can find, but of course Reaver is great to have, and anything above if you can. 20-29 you will actually still have a dmg cap, but whatever no need to get a weapon specifically for this era. with the Fungi capping at level 20, and with the dmg cap at 60, this is actually the fastest, easiest and most fun part of the solo twink warrior IMO.

SKILLS use Archery to pull, fast switch with your Idol of the Thorned or wathever. this will speed up so much the whole process, please do not not carry a bow this is dumb. try ot max out your bind wound as much as possible, even if you have a fungi. it will be super usefull at level 30+. obviously Dodge (6), Parry (10), DW (13), Dbl Atk (15), Riposte (25) should be trained right away. Disarm is pretty useless but smash that button anyway. you're a solo warrior lol, what else do you have to do. same for Taunt and Kick, obviously. With all the extra useless skillpoints you'll have i suggest dumping some points in Swimming & Bind Wound when you can. they are long to cap, and you're here to smash frogs and speedrun EQ, not to cap fucking swimming. this is not your serious character. very serious EQ character is somewhere else.

ZONES you'll need to stay near-ish a friendly trainer for your super fast first 15 levels so that will probably dictate what you do for the first 15 levels. anyway they will go super fast whatever you do, and they will be super fun. at level 15+ i have tried so many zones... so many. and the easiest one to just chill and stay forever is Guk. upper guk is a magnificient bastard from 15 to 35, and lower guk same for 35 to 50. you will know the zone like your backyard, you will have all the frogs for yourself. the ZEM is crazy. and you can focus on your real mission, smoke weed and escape real life. no need to move and find the new best spot. no need to talk to stupid druids for teleports. you can be a big race and everything is big race friendly. guk is the real shit.

STRATEGY i think combat bind wound doesn't work anymore. it's a shame. but try anyway. maybe it will come back idk. please beg for buffs. i know i said no talkie with dumb droods, but yeah, if you cry hard enough they can definitely make your next 30 mins much easier. that little Skin Like Nature, STR, Chloro and DS will help for a while. suck it up, you have no pride. it's just a stupid solo twink warrior. you have no reputation to defend. just cry like a little bitch around the Sro druid rings and beg for buffs. it's okay. nobody will judge you. you can even make your name hard to remember or something. also you don't have CC, but you have crazy DPS and you fight near zone lines, so sometimes overpull it's OK. maybe you pull a group of 3 frogs, kill one, then you have to zone the two remaining (call your trains. there are other no-lifers in the zone. you don't have a reputation to protect but remember they are as stoned as you, please be kind to them), let the Fungi magic do its job and come back, TADA now it's a group of two, rinse and repeat. learn the spawns, learn the zone, learn the patrols, print the map like it's 99. you are a warrior, you have no magic, no tricks, no gate, your only edge is your knowledge of the environment, your positioning, and knowing your own limit and when to run away (PS don't get fancy with Berzerk, no need). finally, i know you're a stupid solo warrior, but don't hesitate to duo or trio sometimes. it'll make you set up that INC hotkey and all the shit, doing the "Assist me on %T" and all the fancy stuff. people will say Woah dude your stock is so great! and Woah man you're pulling like crazy you know the zone so well! and you'll feel good about it. also finally someone will say grats on your Ding 27 or some shit and why not u'know, it's part of the game. it'll make for a nice change once in a while.

LEVEL 50 oh, all that DEX? yes, now is the time. Truncheon of Doom, Blood Fire, Blood Point, Silken Whip of Ensnaring, name it. these bad boys proc late, and now the real game starts. honestly this is usually where i recycle the whole stuff because you're not really a twink anymore and it feels like you're playing the game fair again. but that i'll let you decide, it's still fun /o/

ok have fun soldier. this is all from me today.
please don't steal my frogs i'm still on every now and then cause for now i've kept that side of me a secret to my psychologist.

cheers
Old 09-23-2020, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

1. Fletch your own arrows.
  2. Shoot an arrow at every mob.
  3. Drink 5 brandies before every engage.
  4. Kick.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:49 PM
Kobold

This may be the best thing I have ever read....thank you.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Always glad to help.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Banned

At 46 - pick up a herbalist spade, this item is soooo clutch for breaking spawns solo and paired with a fungi you can root and sit back and plunk arrows(bow of huntsman from Gleed is best budget bow ) while you regen 450hp if max duration root lands. Doesn’t hurt that you won’t lose a terrible amount of DPS.
Last edited by Zipity; 09-24-2020 at 11:16 AM..
Old 09-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Bow of the Huntsman procs a DD that breaks roots pretty well, but other than that its an easy to get often over looked bow. Can even sneak turn in the item you get from Vluudeen in GD if your the right race
Closed Thread