Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Default Another Warrior solo question :-)

The warrior guide called Guide for frustrated warriors says that one should try max STR (over 200) to be able to do more damage and have a more fun to play character.

Does this mean it can be turned into a warrior with bearable solo capabilities? I was thinking of a Troll with all efforts trying to raise STR for max damage. Or are magic spells and monkskills /weapons so much more valuble than pure STR?
Last edited by demokatt; 06-25-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this mean it can be turned into a warrior with bearable solo capabilities?
Not really, no. You'd basically need 200k+ to make a warrior who is bearable at solo (I mean, levels 1-30/40 would zip by decently with just simple gear + fungi + staff of battle + any haste item, but after 40 you'd still be sitting around a lot bandaging and waiting for hp regen, and bad luck can still cause a low blue con to beat you to within an inch of your life even with all that gear).

A warrior COULD be probably a "very good" soloer, though no better than that, if you spent about a million plat on one. AC and str gear, fungi, ++ haste item, a wide range of weapons for different situations, prenerf fungi staff, and pp for shaman healing + DS potions, nets for root CC when you pull multiples, etc. But that's only the kind of thing a ridiculously wealthy person would do, and even then he'd only be doing it for the sake of doing it cause he could level faster and cheaper by buying powerlevel.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned

40+ = slow stick, bloodfire, heal clickie, lots of swapping, not too boring.

I did this on live, I don't know how viable it is on here at all. I made it to 56 on my warrior on Live during velious era primarily solo
Old 07-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Sarnak

fungi / truncheon of doom / 2x blood point / at least a fbss
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

on Vulak my solo-able warrior had a Fungi Tunic + Staff, 2x Blood Points, a Blood Fire, and Truncheon of Doom, and JBoots...

on a tough fight i would:

1. get the Truncheon of Doom to proc a slow
2. swap in Bloodfire in main hand and Blood Point in off hand
3. once the Bloodfire procs its DOT i would either swap in my second Blood Point OR
4. i would activate my JBoots and start running. all of a sudden my DOT is doing damage, and instead of taking damage i am now recovering health with my Fungi Tunic. a good warrior-ghetto-kite like this changed the tides of many battles.

rinse and repeat.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Banned

Heh.. i soloed from 52-60 without a truncheon or dual blood points.. or a blood fire 8). Funny story, in my 40s i actually used a earthshaker lol.. thing procs so much.
Fungi is going to save you a lot of time( Sold mine at lvl 54 though lol..) If theres one item thats going to help you the most it is going to be the fungi so save up for it.
Closed Thread