Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Rogue character creation

I'm just posting in hopes of getting some advice from knowledgeable rogue players. I haven't played since probably 2001 timeframe, and even then I never played a rogue back in the day.

I created a wood elf rogue, and after reading around a bit that it was really tough late game to raise STA, and generally easy to raise other important rogue stats, I dumped 25 points into STA and 5 into DEX.

So my question is... do you think I messed up? I want to play an elf just out of personal preference, so I know they are generally low STR/STA. But could I have allocated those stats better? Will it really matter later on? I've gotten up to level 7 already and managed to obtain some (what I think) is decent gear, so I don't really want to start over. But if those starting stats will really make a difference, I might as well.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

you'll be fine, str is very easy to gear for
Old 03-27-2015, 03:16 AM
Banned

hell no, you'll be a bad ass woodelf sleuthing through the trees & shadows n stuff
Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Strength is important. What you picked is a dex variant of the typical min/max build, usually 5 str / 25 sta. You put the 25 points in the important part at least. Dex isn't that good for rogues, but way way long term you might benefit from it (procing your primal). Expect a harder time early on due to low initial STR (true of any elf honestly), but your char will have pretty good stats for end game. You're fine.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the advice guys. I've read though that at max level, that 25 STA only makes up for maybe a couple hundred HP at best, which isn't really important.

The whole situation just feels to me like another case of "starting stats don't really matter".
Closed Thread