Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your computer cant handle P99 then it was time for a hardware upgrade about 15 years ago friend
Core i5-8400
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GT440

Those specs should handle any 1999 game.

But yeah, you are right... I should upgrade to that Pentium 4.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Does turning off other players spell effects reduce lag in raids? It should help a lot if spell effects are being treated as a light source. But I'm not sure if they are.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Sorry your entry level graphics card from 8 years ago can not run the game well.

First off, isn't the integrated GPU in yor CPU more powerful than that POS gt440? Not sure what that is even plugged in...

What resoution are you trying to run at? The game often works better with a lower resolution anyway. also /viewport to 4:3 and you'll get more FPS back.

Having classic darkness, which is a huge part of classic EQ, is worth the headache to the 1% of people running antiquated hardware
Old 10-25-2019, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Time for smaller less zergy guilds then
Old 10-25-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Did you crank down the particle effects? I remember those being the real killer back in the day.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:16 PM
Kobold

Molitoth, performance fixes for dynamic lighting are coming soon in a patch. Sorry you're having issues.

We're not ignoring people with older hardware, but we didn't want to risk pushing an experimental feature with Green launch.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

U could disable this in live so in the nature of classic SHUT THIS SHIT OFF
Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

I don't understand this "fix" myself. Regardless of race i have mega issues with seeing in daytime or dark. We've never been able to adjust the gama in game, so it creates a real nightmare. The only thing i've found to fix it is popping in and out of full screen, but despite having done all the compatibility things needed, and changing my full screen reso in the ini, that will often times generate a resize fail error or a memory error that kicks me from game.

I've also noticed a fun little crash that happens when you get into a situation where torches and other items are all causing lighting changes, a memory error pops up and i crash.

Obviously there is much going on behind the scenes, but with all the things on the todo list, to the avg joe like myself, this seems like a waste of time given the payoff and the complexity of the fix.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Core i5-8400
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GT440

Those specs should handle any 1999 game.

But yeah, you are right... I should upgrade to that Pentium 4.
Get a new video card. Your onboard video is likely more powerful than that GT 440.

You could spend like $25 on a used card to fix this problem.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Closed Thread