Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 02:51 AM
Kobold

Default ive played with only one person that has had manastone so far

this person always at 5% hp, making the healers and the rest of the group anxious, eventually someone brings something up and this person will instantly ragequit,

manastone users: 1/5 stars
Old 02-18-2020, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I never thought it was all that useful in general play. On a cleric, if the group is about to wipe because the tank is going down and you don't have a cheal left in you, then stoning down can be a win I suppose, but that's about it. Duoing a stoned druid or chanter with a cleric can be kind of useful, but the cleric is gonna run out of heal mana that much faster. You gotta get that HP back somehow at some point, and the conversion rate is crappy.

The other problem is that people can get so low in hp that they forget the added aggro from that and when they sit to med they get eaten.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:49 AM
Banned

For a long time i have wondered if this server need some sort of red manastone laws. Where we can have them confiscated from irresponsible owners. It's awful. These people are all over norrath. It's hard to tell who they are until they are seeped in antonican pox marks. It's awful.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Aviak

As a manastone cleric I disagree. With focus on hp gear, CH/stone is about 8x faster than medding. As long as camp is clear and pulls are held you can go from oom to 80m in under 2 mins. If group is active and pulling/fighting, you just keep health at 80% and keep regening for a small passive boost. With choloroplast it acts basically as 2nd clarity.

of course most people are stupid so you'll have pure casters stoning themselves down to 20% if not outright suiciding with it because they feel that because they own a stone they have to use it at all times
Old 02-18-2020, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

The only person I can remember grouping with who had a stone was under the mistaken impression that he was the head coach of a competitive esports team and was required to tell the entire group the proper way to play at all times in order to eek out an extra 5% efficiency during our mid 30s xp group that was already face rolling mobs as fast as we could pull them.

You know, regular P99 stuff.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only person I can remember grouping with who had a stone was under the mistaken impression that he was the head coach of a competitive esports team and was required to tell the entire group the proper way to play at all times in order to eek out an extra 5% efficiency during our mid 30s xp group that was already face rolling mobs as fast as we could pull them.

You know, regular P99 stuff.
Meth helps people live their best life
Old 02-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

I’ve grouped with a manastone cleric, and I’ll say it was pretty awesome. Was only healer in the group, and we were able to basically do nonstop pulls of fairly difficult mobs. I can see people causing stress and even getting low health aggro from a mob and dying as a result, but with a competent player it’s a pretty amazing item.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

A cleric with manastone said they would rez me at undead zone line in guk. I saw the system messages saying wincing. After a few minutes, I was like are you still there. They had died from the manastone. I did get the rez tho
Closed Thread