Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

I remember doing cleric epic on a lvl 1 on blue in 2012 And it gaining enough exp to take char to lvl 7. Was fun running around with cleric epic but sucked not being able to Rez when people would frequently send yells asking for Rez . I do feel it be cool if they let us use epics at lower lvlS again. Won’t be as easy as a melee with a fungi so don’t see the big deal.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cuz all my stuff is here.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to seafury loot getting nerfed on red because of the conduct of blue players. Took out a great spot for pvp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

whats nerfed on seafuries, and is something similar going on with spectres or HG's also?
Old 07-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Once Blue got Undead Bard as part of the revamped epic, I hope their epic became at least a little more realistic to acquire for a casual player. I would think it doesn't cost that much to MQ anymore.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 07-01-2020 at 08:16 PM..
Old 07-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

UDB has nothing to do with it, the bottleneck to getting a bard epic is white scales.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UDB has nothing to do with it, the bottleneck to getting a bard epic is white scales.
I was always led to believe the bottleneck was Trakanon Guts.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

I wasn't on P99 prior to UDB, I'm sure getting a real Trak was probably a big hurdle. But these days white scales are quite rare and highly contested and bard epics are still probably second only to mage in difficulty.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't on P99 prior to UDB, I'm sure getting a real Trak was probably a big hurdle. But these days white scales are quite rare and highly contested and bard epics are still probably second only to mage in difficulty.
Damn, that's rough, Bard epic is so good and I would think every raid group wants at least one epic'd Bard.

Still, as long as Undead Bard is on a reasonable respawn timer (I.E not once a week), it still doesn't sound that bad.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 07-01-2020 at 10:02 PM..
Old 07-01-2020, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Problem is the white scales. There's only two things that can drop it each week, and they both are not guaranteed to do so. I haven't been part of enough gorenaire kills to have a statistically valid sense for how often they do drop, but I wouldn't be suprised if there are only 20ish bards getting epiced each year, and there's probably more bards that that in the guilds that can often kill the things that drop it.

Every epic rarity is controlled by the longest respawning component. For a lot of epics, this is a 5 day or a 1 week. For the Rogue, its 10 hours. For the Bard, its multiple weeks, and for the mage I believe its 1/4 of however often Magi spawns as a mini (two weeks, three maybe?). Bard and Mage both have it very rough.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. 12 year old me used to get on his wizard, invis down into the highkeep basement, target somebody, then go a few floors up into the keep into some random secluded room, then nuke that person to death. That was technically not legal at the time but I was never penalized.
LOL I did the same thing. This was legal or illegal depending on who you got as a GM that day. I remember receiving a warning for wall casting from one GM... then was told it was perfectly legal by another GM. Another trick I loved to do on my chanter was charm a crappy little prisoner and send him down to the basement. Guards would assist charmed mobs, so you would see a train of guards running down to the basement to wipe someone out. Was definitely an overpowered little trick though that probably shouldn't have been possible. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Closed Thread