Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Everything alive deserves to live and prosper. Everything that can feel deserves to feel good. From the best of us to the worst of us, that truth is self evident.

However sometimes i get the impression that some groups fighting for equal rights are not seeking equality, they are seeking supremacy.

When they stand in the streets and protest, they are exercising their rights and bringing attention to real problems in the nation/world.

When they destroy property and kill people, they are waging war!!

I'm a Korean guy IRL. So maybe the white experience/black experience is lost on me. I've heard "asian C word" thrown at me a few times in my life, its sort of a, huh? thing. Asians in general don't seem to be bothered by racism directed at them. I haven't been offended... and i do get offended easily. I'll chew your face off for much lesser offenses than racism.

But when I read/hear that saying "all lives matter" makes you a racist, That to me screams that BLM is seeking Supremacy.
Last edited by Trexller; 07-11-2020 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: deleted the asian "C" word. I dunno if its forbidden even if its about me.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything alive deserves to live and prosper. Everything that can feel deserves to feel good. From the best of us to the worst of us, that truth is self evident.

However sometimes i get the impression that some groups fighting for equal rights are not seeking equality, they are seeking supremacy.

When they stand in the streets and protest, they are exercising their rights and bringing attention to real problems in the nation/world.

When they destroy property and kill people, they are waging war!!

I'm a Korean guy IRL. So maybe the white experience/black experience is lost on me. I've heard "asian C word" thrown at me a few times in my life, its sort of a, huh? thing. Asians in general don't seem to be bothered by racism directed at them. I haven't been offended... and i do get offended easily. I'll chew your face off for much lesser offenses than racism.

But when I read/hear that saying "all lives matter" makes you a racist, That to me screams that BLM is seeking Supremacy.
It doesn't necessarily make you a racist, it just implies you fundamentally misunderstand what black lives matter means.

If a house in your neighborhood is on fire and someone says "We need to save that house" and you respond "Every house deserves to not be on fire" that doesn't make you an arson but it also doesn't do anything to move the issue. The house is still on fire.

Do pictures help?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2020, 12:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fucking dying.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't necessarily make you a racist, it just implies you fundamentally misunderstand what black lives matter means.

If a house in your neighborhood is on fire and someone says "We need to save that house" and you respond "Every house deserves to not be on fire" that doesn't make you an arson but it also doesn't do anything to move the issue. The house is still on fire.

Do pictures help?
BLM is a racist group comprised exclusively of racists and/or morons. The only houses burning are the ones they set on fire with their "mostly peaceful" protests.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do pictures help?
No not at all. That comic doesn't reflect anyone i've ever seen, heard, engaged with on any level, anything. Frankly that's offensive. The comic depicts an exagerrated selfish ignorant bastard. Sole purpose of that comic is to fire up the lefties.

Where is the fundamental misunderstanding? I understand that alot of black people feel margainalized, subjugated and abused. I was born in the US, live in PA. Years ago when BLM popped up i read about the movement. That made sense then. This shit in 2020 is just Liberal sanctioned anarchy.

So 2 things are possible then. Either BLM picked a really bad name, or they intend to direct your thoughts and public policy. (As they are currently doing, quite overtly)

If black lives matter doesn't fall into the category of all lives matter, then BLM is placing themselves a step higher on the ladder of importance. If told that using any phrase regarding human lives, other than BLM is racism, they are deciding on their own what speech is allowed in the USA. It's a slippery slope from "this otherwise innocuous phrase is racist" to, "we'll throw you in the gulag for expressing dissent."

I miss the OG black panthers. Those cats made their agenda crystal clear.

Far Left-----------Me Going WTF?-----------Far Right
Old 07-11-2020, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can't say "All Lives Matter" and then kill the fly that accidentally landed on your monitor that's 'annoying you' - the fly has a life too. Bedbugs? Yup, can't kill those, as all lives matter. Those attracted to children? Yeah, can't treat them any different. 'All Lives Matter', right?
rofl you cannot be serious
Old 07-11-2020, 12:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rofl you cannot be serious
Drugs.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Do pictures help?
Is this one of them things like where 'abolish the police' really means 'police reform' but a lot of people aren't smart enough to understand it, like Rick and Morty?
Old 07-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Black Lives Matter" is a valid statement. It's something everyone can agree on. It doesn't mean they are superior to other lives, nor lesser than others. It means you treat one person of a specific peripheral construct (race) as the same as another peripheral construct.

Anyone arguing anything other than that (ie; All Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter, etc.) means that you support the systematic destruction of a particular group of people that you visually see as inferior based on <attribute here>. You can't say "All Lives Matter" and then kill the fly that accidentally landed on your monitor that's 'annoying you' - the fly has a life too. Bedbugs? Yup, can't kill those, as all lives matter. Those attracted to children? Yeah, can't treat them any different. 'All Lives Matter', right?

Cops are not a race. They're a profession you pick much later in life. You can't look at a cop out of the womb and say "Yeah, this dude's gonna be a cop."

They are a social construct, not one based on your sense of vision. They are based on emotion to a society founded on rules. Society once existed without officers, laws, and political biases. The only thing that hasn't changed is that black individuals are black and still systematically oppressed for centuries.

So instead of being racist, sexist, or whatever -ist, how about propping up the people you are close to and know need help, regardless of the way they were born? After all, we can't judge books by their cover.

Actions speak louder than sitting here on this EverQuest forum saying about how you'll do something instead of actually getting involved and doing your part to make sure it ends.

I personally took it upon myself on multiple occasions and sat with people one-on-one that I care about, and helped them get on their feet, expecting nothing in return. Can you say you've done the same, or have you just posted on message boards and social media about how 'people need to do it' - well, guess what, you are a person. Stop preaching to the choir and start making better choices.
Everything except the green text makes good sense. Afaik pedophiles are reviled by every race, we all throw em in prison. Bugs are not humans therefore not entitled to human rights.

This entire issue is really tough to negotiate, I see alot of people making very different statements but in general it seems they all have the same thought in their head: Equal Rights Means Equal Rights!

Maybe the vagueness of it all is purposeful. Here on this forum we can't seem to agree on terminology, across the USA no one can seem to agree either.

A divided house cannot stand. Divide and conquer etc. This sort of discussion must continue, even on an EverQuest Forum.

As long as we are trying to agree, we aren't fighting. That's a house that can stand. That's a nation that can stand up.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I hear is "Black Lives Matter More". That is totally racist. F the implicit BS, add "Too" to the slogan if that is what it is supposed to mean.
I think BLM2 is being saved for the sequel next decade.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-11-2020 at 02:40 PM..
Closed Thread