Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

Maybe the answer has been in front of us all along, hard-coded into the game since the very beginning: Whoever wins the click, wins the loot. We need to stop accommodating the slow fingered, goofy mouse using folks of the world and start rewarding a quick trigger-finger. Weed out the weakest players, as only those who have honed their right-click will be elevated with loot and riches!
Old 12-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Already explained this to you, I understand your thinking process fully and your assumptions are flawed. Primarily that you treat anything that drops as a gray empty box with no association to anyone or anything. Were that true, your logic is flawless. However it is not true and because you don't account for this your logic fails.
It does have an "association". Its an equippable item with value that can be sold or exchanged for a different equippable item.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the answer has been in front of us all along, hard-coded into the game since the very beginning: Whoever wins the click, wins the loot. We need to stop accommodating the slow fingered, goofy mouse using folks of the world and start rewarding a quick trigger-finger. Weed out the weakest players, as only those who have honed their right-click will be elevated with loot and riches!
Protip: hold the mouse with your left hand and and spam the right click with your other index finger.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-28-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Old 12-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Banned

In a recent group I was just reminded of some obvious and valuable lessons that are easy to overlook. And its that you can't convince morons; even worse when there's more than one who agree with each other.

So if you join a group and they're adamant about the backwards NBG then you're forced to choose between losing items or plat that you deserve (unless stuff for your class drops), or losing exp by not grouping with them, even if you try to establish it from the beginning. If they're already stuck on bad loot rules then those are your only two options. And arguing about it will always backfire.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-28-2019 at 12:42 PM..
Old 12-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a recent group I was just reminded of some obvious and valuable lessons that are easy to overlook. And its that you can't convince morons; even worse when there's more than one who agree with each other.

So if you join a group and they're adamant about the backwards NBG then you're forced to choose between losing items or plat that you deserve (unless stuff for your class drops), or losing exp by not grouping with them, even if you try to establish it from the beginning. If they're already stuck on bad loot rules then those are your only two options. And arguing about it will always backfire.
anyone who thinks different from me wrong and stupid! me smartest! everyone else dumb!
Old 12-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone who thinks different from me wrong and stupid! me smartest! everyone else dumb!
I never claim to be the smartest. But if people disagree with objective logical facts then they're wrong. And when its something subjective then i'm ok with saying its my opinion.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you join a group ...
Do you believe other group members should potentially get weighed rolls for that "phat lewt" or do you believe everyone should be even no matter what?

As an example:

- Member 01 has been with the group for 05 hours.
- Member 02 has been with the group for 05 hours.
- Member 03 has been with the group for 03 hours.
- Member 04 has been with the group for 03 hours.
- Member 05 has been with the group for 01 hour.

And you join this merry band. One hour later, the illustrious and highly sought after Jagged Band drops! Should every player roll just once, or should every member be able to roll per hour they were involved with the group? Thus both members 01 and 02 get 06 rolls, members 03 and 04 get 04 rolls, member 05 gets 02 rolls, and you get only one roll.

Let's assume everybody is honest about their time involved with the group and their overall needs. So which route is fair to you - one roll each or weighed rolls?

A major reason when I used to play this game and went the solo route was too often whenever I did group, some dumb ass would join the group and then they would do nothing except sit there. An item drops, everybody randoms, the dead weight wins, and follows up with, "Oh, my guild needs me." and drops the group. Besides leaching experience, this yahoo took off with loot everybody else could have used.

Most players will at least "try" and help the overall group. But there are players that do jack and fucking shit thinking being in a group is like a government subsidy hand out - they deserve it just because they are special snowflakes. Perhaps their real life bleeds into the gaming world and these special cases just don't know any better, I don't know...
Old 12-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

When blue first launched, every group I was in was NBG and it was cool and good because the server population was very small and it added to the sense of community and everyone helping each other out.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But there are players that do jack and fucking shit thinking being in a group is like a government subsidy hand out - they deserve it just because they are special snowflakes. Perhaps their real life bleeds into the gaming world and these special cases just don't know any better, I don't know...
There's nothing quite like using Republican talking points to support your argument on a video game forum.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing quite like using Republican talking points to support your argument on a video game forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps their real life bleeds into the gaming world and these special cases just don't know any better, I don't know...
lol
Closed Thread