Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Kobold

So here’s a couple fun takes on a “custom content” version of ST, piggybacking someone else’s idea: instead of just the 4 warders, each spawn point has a chance of spawning any CoV raid dragon (or maybe a list of 8 or so CoV dragons) including any one of the 4 warders, and have the window be something like 10 or 11 days (something non-standard) with like a + or - 6 hour window.

It would keep warder loot very rare, for those that are excessively proud/protective of their unique pixels, but still provide the chance for new people to experience that content. On a quake or reset, it would likely open things up a little more, maybe making it so that the raid guilds are stepping on each other’s toes just a little bit less.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Aviak

Quote: "...keep warder loot very rare, for those that are excessively proud/protective of their unique pixels, ..."
Lol.
Good suggestions
Old 02-11-2020, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I remember a Rampage member privately messaged me that some of them didn't really believe they'd be denying pixels/raid-content to others by waking the sleeper when I indicated it was sort of a selfish of them to wake the Sleeper.

Obviously, this message hasn't aged too well.
If I recall correctly, some weird rock dropped off of Vulak earlier that very night... for the first time ever...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rest in peace Reep
Last edited by t3kn34k; 02-11-2020 at 02:26 AM..
Old 02-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

All of this is a pipe dream, doubt they will ever reset them when there is green servers to experience that content. However, all have been good ideas, one in particular would be to wake the sleeper on each quake, for lets say a day or something, the sleeper takes it path across velious, warders are up and then disappear after a certain amount of time. This would limit the number of drops.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, all have been good ideas, one in particular would be to wake the sleeper on each quake, for lets say a day or something, the sleeper takes it path across velious, warders are up and then disappear after a certain amount of time. This would limit the number of drops.
They'd still all die.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'd still all die.
For how many cycles did the guilds raiding on blue leave up one warder? People seem certain they would instantly all 4 be killed. But realistically only two guilds currently would be able to, Riot and AG. I find it decidedly more likely that those two guilds would agree to not wake the sleeper than some spite-driven waking of Kerafyrm.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

They'd farm it until the officers get enough loot, then wake it. Only realistic way is to prevent the script from being triggered.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'd farm it until the officers get enough loot, then wake it. Only realistic way is to prevent the script from being triggered.
If we're tampering with "classic" enough to reset the sleeper I would also be favor of disabling the waking of the sleeper.

Still not sure I buy the evil intentions theory. Just because someone was an asshole at one point doesn't mean someone else would be another time, given the same options.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Being in Riot and knowing the Sleeper wouldn’t yield loot no way we would wake the sleeper. Wouldn’t get anything out of it. Would prolly rotate between us and AG till Kittens had enough keys to try themselves.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

I think the "spite" and "farm" issues would be solved by making the event only reset all at once. If you kill 1 warder it won't respawn. After all 4 are dead you need to kill the sleeper and then the event resets after 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month etc. from sleeper time of death.
Closed Thread