Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 01:50 PM
Aviak

I liked the insta-clickies, they were classic, and fun. I'm not using them to solo high end content or abuse them like so many others, apparently. It is pretty clear that Red wood wand needed a nerf, considering the abuse of that item. However, I think the banhammer was way overbroad. Sometimes its better to use the scaple and not the chain saw.

Just more erosion of the classic EQ experience, sadly. But good news is, theres plenty of that experience to be had. Players will find a way. Pixels will keep getting looted. Big targets will still go down (hell, when you have 100+ people (very classic) its almost easy. I even hear some guilds are struggling to make sure half their raid force isn't afk dkp leaching.

Appreciate the work on the server, dev team, though I would prefer a little lighter touch on the non classic banhammers. Perhaps some buffs are in order too, since warrior agro weapons are generally considered to be garbage. Also, if we are going down the non classic route, may as well bring back DoT damage.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Get off your high horse. You weren't running around in classic using instant clickies and recharging them on vendors.

The number of people screaming "not classic" is ridiculous and they're all full of shit.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The number of people screaming "not classic" is ridiculous and they're all full of shit.
I mean, it's not. obviously.

I myself don't care. It affects me not one bit. I'd be happy if they would do away with MQ's next as well.

And, if they really cared about the health of the server(s) we should also move on to official raid calendars. We're already doing lists, why not?
Old 04-20-2020, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be happy if they would do away with MQ's next as well.
This would be so good!
Old 04-20-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be so good!
also ban all EC tunnel rats. anyone over lvl 1 with more then 2k on them should be deleted instantly!
Old 04-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be happy if they would do away with MQ's next as well.
Strictly personal opinion here, but I always felt epic quests were meant to be a journey for the player and a special achievement. I do wish every epic could not be MQ'd at any step. It gets all very slippery slope of course, but a part of me always cringes seeing people offer epic MQs.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strictly personal opinion here, but I always felt epic quests were meant to be a journey for the player and a special achievement. I do wish every epic could not be MQ'd at any step. It gets all very slippery slope of course, but a part of me always cringes seeing people offer epic MQs.
u post a lot in RNF

what about when the server got together and started to do mass cazic skin turn ins? did you cringe back then or were you not apart of this community back then?
Last edited by Bbeta; 04-20-2020 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

i thought we still had one more velious patch before the custom content started?
Old 04-20-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers had their defence raised, which I think is pretty much the end of the era?
Old 04-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers had their defence raised, which I think is pretty much the end of the era?
Oh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Does this mean Shaman's who have finished buffing take Harm Touches now?
Closed Thread