Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Default It is time.

For both a new thread and the project to move in a more classic direction:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23162

I distinctly remember needing zings swinging a rusty2h.

Make it happen. You have all the info you need in the linked thread. It will make some of these people, including me really happy, and I think it's important to move the project in more classic direction to differentiate it from RoZ when you roll out red 2.0 guildwars.

Thanks for taking the time to investigate and look into these things.

/pras blue, green, and red99.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

There is something with Titanium where coding in Stamina in a classic fashion is just not possible. I believe they tried several ways to get it working and at some point just gave up because it goes against so much of the Titanium code.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-28-2020, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Can we do it in an almost but not quite classic way though? That doesn't steamroll into titaniums limitations?
Old 04-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is something with Titanium where coding in Stamina in a classic fashion is just not possible. I believe they tried several ways to get it working and at some point just gave up because it goes against so much of the Titanium code.
I would believe that the devs see this as a low priority implementation long before I believe "it's too complicated". Jumping consumes stamina in a consistent manner, the functionality exists.

Either they don't want to or they won't until they have more concrete evidence as to what the numbers actually were. Reading those and other threads clearly indicate that attacking used to consume stamina at a rate based on your weapon weight per-attack, all of those parameters are surely able to be provided to the combat code.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:12 PM
Former Guide

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...estions&page=2

Seems like Secrets is the person to talk to about a work around based on this thread.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like we should move onto another client then if things cant be fixed that are classic and cant be fixed due to the client. p99 has moved on one client before they can move to another again most servers use RoF or their own custom one.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 04-28-2020, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let's talk about Stamina! -by Nilbog

Stamina bar is classic! Endurance bar is... non-classic.

Why is stamina not frequently discussed?

Has it been forgotten? It used to have a strong effect on daily gameplay.

-while swimming, you lost stamina
-swinging your weapons, you lost stamina based on their weight
-"zing" spells, invigor etc had a use
-having 100stamina was important, as it negated a minor stat/attack speed reduction
-jumping should consume like 10% of your bar with each jump

Run out of stamina? Not good.. you walk slower and can't jump.

This will become more relevant with Kunark weapons.. because they were heavy.

i.e. Wurmslayer's good stats and damage should be negated by the fact it weighs 15lbs.

Does anyone remember a good weapon weight ratio? What weapons could you swing and not have to worry about stamina? When did weight become a problem, 5lbs, 8lbs?

Discuss.
Quote:
Stamina/endurance doesn't work properly

Stamina/endurance was changed to work differently in EverQuest after the classic period, and the Titanium client assumes that that change has happened. As a result it is difficult (impossible?) to re-create truly classic stamina/endurance behavior with the Titanium client.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like we should move onto another client then if things cant be fixed that are classic and cant be fixed due to the client. p99 has moved on one client before they can move to another again most servers use RoF or their own custom one.
I'd be real interested to know why it couldn't be solved using this client if jumping works already. If Stamina at this point in time is some number greater than 100 then you can just handle the "fatigue" hits as a percentage of your total stamina to simulate it and convert stamina regeneration to also behave as a percentage of your total stamina.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:31 PM
Banned

i dont see a point
wont be long before kunark comes along with .1 weight weapons all over the place and the 10+ weight weapons still wont get used

maybe irl or something wear weighted clothing and do 5 jumping jacks every time you auto attack to simulate going up hill both ways in the snow to fuck off or something
Old 04-28-2020, 04:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...estions&page=2

Seems like Secrets is the person to talk to about a work around based on this thread.
God damn I forgot I wrote that. I was literally researching it over again today

FUCK

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread