View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre-nerf Red Wood Wands were also classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the "You can't prove your point 100%, so the opposite must be true (which just so happens to be my opinion."

Sure, it's logical to assume people on forums will not be a 100% match with the server demographics. So, what? Are you making any positive claims about demographics you can back up with numbers?

Why is your assumption more likely than the opposite assumption? It's not. If every player were forced to vote on login, we might see the 72-28 hold, or the spread get even bigger.

It's logical to assume that both numbers would increase. This means there will be more interest in a Teal server than the current 455 players. You don't know that there are more or less pro-Teal players that haven't voted yet than anti-Teal.

What we know for sure so far: from one, non-stickied, non-official thread on one-sub forum on project1999.com there are 455 players who want Teal reopened, and hundreds of players who haven't haven't voted yet. Most people would conclude this is a big chunk of the playerbase worth considering.

My suggestion: Devs give a response with reasoning, or open up an official poll for players to vote on.
Galach responded in the other thread that he doesn’t see it happening so it looks like you got your request for an answer
Old 05-13-2020, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Galach responded in the other thread that he doesn’t see it happening so it looks like you got your request for an answer
Keep up your spin.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep up your spin.
Lmao what? Stating facts is now spin? If anything, whatever you say from here on out is the spin since it would be trying to “spin” Galach’s response to not mean what it said.

OP asked for someone on the staff to respond to the split request. Someone on the staff responded. Sorry that the answer they gave wasn’t what you wanted.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree Kunark should be released earlier. I don’t agree with your statement that Classic wasn’t overcamped though. It definitely was. As someone who on my player character was a class that couldn’t solo effectively, I remember it very well. Especially from 40-50 it was so packed. And there were constant complaints from the player base about it until Kunark was released. And on my CSR character the stream of petitions due to player disputes As a side effect of the crowding was constant.
Kunark shouldn't be released earlier. That's not in tune with the classic experience. The timeline definately should not be compressed as the release valve to overcrowding due to COVID-19 telework ath is going to stretch on through most of 2020.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Lmao what? Stating facts is now spin? If anything, whatever you say from here on out is the spin since it would be trying to “spin” Galach’s response to not mean what it said.

OP asked for someone on the staff to respond to the split request. Someone on the staff responded. Sorry that the answer they gave wasn’t what you wanted.
It is spin for you to leave out he stated the servers were merged due to the amount of petitions. You left out he stated the number of petitions dropped after the merge but have since doubled over the last 2 months due to COVID-19. You left out that his stating his opinion that he doubts the country will be in COVID-19 lockdown (I'm adding telework here) in 2 months. There are companies that are already mandating telework for the rest of 2020.

You can state it's fact when Galach makes a black and white statement or if Rogean/Nilbog do. That's not the statement he/they provided. Sorry it wasn't the answer you wanted.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

I’d like to change my selection from yes to no
Old 05-13-2020, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is spin for you to leave out he stated the servers were merged due to the amount of petitions. You left out he stated the number of petitions dropped after the merge but have since doubled over the last 2 months due to COVID-19. You left out that his stating his opinion that he doubts the country will be in COVID-19 lockdown (I'm adding telework here) in 2 months. There are companies that are already mandating telework for the rest of 2020.

You can state it's fact when Galach makes a black and white statement or if Rogean/Nilbog do. That's not the statement he/they provided. Sorry it wasn't the answer you wanted.
Lmao tells me I’m spinning and then tries to spin it like crazy. Unreal
Old 05-14-2020, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Galach is awesome - he is a senior guide - but guides don't make the call on a server opening or closing.

Nilbog/Rogean is the answer the coming up on 500 of us are looking for.

Nice try.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Galach is awesome - he is a senior guide - but guides don't make the call on a server opening or closing.

Nice try.
You’re right one of the main “CSR” members saying two servers was unmanageable for them is definitely not something Nilbog or Rogean would look at as an impediment to starting another server. But keep on keeping your fingers crossed and maybe you’ll get your second server to farm the plat and loot at the same time as you do it on Green that you’re hoping for!
Old 05-14-2020, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Nice try.
Took me awhile to chime in on this topic. Nil/Rog needs to open a second server asap. I quit 4-5 months ago and came back about a 1-2 weeks ago. Server is nuts now. It's a totally different server. What makes it so bad is the sheer number of soloing necros/encs/mages. They leave no camp open, even during off-times.

On Teal we would have maybe 200-250 online at 6 am, EST. Green has 600+ peeps on during these off hours, so even during off hours server is congested, leaving nothing available to farm.

It hurts casual players like myself the worst, since we have limited play time. I can see it getting worse during Kunark actually with the addition of so many new players...I can see Green up to the 3,000s easy...they will be forced to open a new server then, so why not now? FoB will crash for example day one of Kunark launch if they don't have 2 servers.

COVID-19 is a rare situation. Many businesses have completely shut down or changed the way they operate. P99 should change as well, by opening Teal back up and allowing us the option to go back. If not I can see many people bailing out, which would hurt P99 in the end.
Last edited by skorge; 05-14-2020 at 08:24 AM..
Closed Thread