Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you donate at? I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.
Theres a link off to the right on the home page.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

How about just donate without incentives? Hell, it costs $9-12 just to go to a movie, $15-20 if you want "refreshments." Throwing some money to P99 is a worthy entertainment expense.

Donate. Do it!

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Orc

Theres better incentives out there than in game stuff...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Why pay when you get to spank girls for free? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seriously, people should just donate. I had been meaning to and kept putting it off for a couple of months 'till I saw Rogean's broadcast last night. It took like 5 mins and most of that was fixing the payment method on paypal because I hadn't used it in so long.

If you get on once a week and screw around, donating might seem a bit extreme. If you have a level 50 and a bunch of alts and are on 6 hours a day and you haven't donated you are a fucking deadbeat.

A little reminder never hurts, though. Theres a reason why schools and organizations post who donated what in their magazines and bulletins....Because it lights a fire under everybody to donate.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Kobold

There is definitely a legality issue about devs setting up "recurring monthly payments", so I do not blame them for not setting up such a system for P99 (good job guys - dont compromise your work!).

I would say that monthly donations of varying amounts to offset the bandwidth and server maintenance/upgrade costs are okay. This money first and foremost pays the bills, and if they have a particuarly generous month that exceeds that number, then it is likely saved to put towards future needs (more bandwidth/upgrades).

All this to say - donate regularly! You may even set up PayPal or something similar to pay a set amount per month (for the sake of predictability and your own budgeting), but dont expect the P99 team to bill you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I would like to offer incentives for donating, it becomes a legality issue.
On a one-by-one issue, maybe? Trade one donation for one item... yah, possible issues. But... What if.. say..

XP was to be doubled for 'x' amount of time - server wide, per donation as a 'thank you' for the beer money.. once a month, or w/e.

Or a 'GM event' if you hit 'x' number.
I know there are legalities on 'selling' a 'service' such as this. But if you call it a 'player appreciation day'...

If you 'mix it up' and never promise anything... "Broadcast, in appreciation for you generous donations...."

Just thinkin' outside the buns. But yah, I guess any thing like that opens up 'legal' cans of worms. But that's the way the legal system was designed.

Designed by lawyers, for lawyers....
Last edited by Overcast; 08-26-2010 at 11:50 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Blizzard just sued someone selling in-game items on a private wow server for 88 million USD and you think this server should start reward us for donating? IQ fiskmås.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Aviak

I dropped $50 into the collection bucket today. Keep up the good work, guys!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Suggestion,

Maybe put a graph on the home page which shows monthy costs to run the server and current donation levels?

visuals are nice....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Aviak

That would be really cool. Or some sort of server health meter so I know when to throw money at the server to keep it going.
Closed Thread