Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has gotta be one of the best EQ screens Ive ever seen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So much action so much mortal ogre vs dirty undead and snakes and beasts.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

I really miss the old PC gaming magazines of the mid/late '90s. PC Gamer, PC Gaming World, PCXL, etc... were really great. I remember every month looking forward to getting the new PC Gamer because it came with a CD full of game demos. In the pre-broadband, pre-Steam era, those demo CDs were absolutely amazing. And the articles back then were actually informative and entertaining. The golden era of PC gaming for sure.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

I know I keep telling myself Im going to log into ebay and start buying a bunch of them from 1999 to find EQ articles and stuff but I keep not doing that. Its a pandemic, now's the time for dumb hobbies so I should finally start!
Old 07-24-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If only there were names / chat windows like in the last screen shot. #EQMysteries
Ennewi where did you get these screenies from?

That Ogre shot shows him fighting the 2 skeletons and 2 zombies in Ghanix Drah's room, Ghanix Drah himself (presumably), and a bunch of giant snakes from the giant snake room in Paw. That's really useful info.

I have seen these before I think but it only just clicked now that they're Paw shots. I'm collecting those:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Infecte...f_Infected_Paw
Old 07-24-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That Ogre shot shows him fighting the 2 skeletons and 2 zombies in Ghanix Drah's room, Ghanix Drah himself (presumably), and a bunch of giant snakes from the giant snake room in Paw. That's really useful info.

I have seen these before I think but it only just clicked now that they're Paw shots. I'm collecting those:

the way those snakes are all spread out, in an array.. Im like thinking that screenshot is from spawned creatures by the person who took it, and they are a dev making screens for marketing.

creatures just dont path up on you all nice and dramatically like that lol It's too good.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Nah it's too perfect. *All* that's in Ghanex Drah's room are those two skels, those two zombies, and him. If they were just spawning mobs, why bother replicating that room perfectly?

What happened was they had invuln flags on or were GM buffed, then ran through the dungeon gathering mobs and getting screens.

This is the first screenshot of paw that shows the giant snakes and confirms they were the same model/colour as blackburrow.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Id be inclined to believe you in that Id be surprised the devs were even so creative as to spawn mobs in a way to make the composition look good, so you're probably right about the how haha. As for the historic significance, this is a good find for sure!
Old 07-25-2020, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's proving difficult to find the specific website from history/bookmarks, but it shouldn't take too much effort. For now, there's this collection...

https://web.archive.org/web/20020301...lupin/EQshots/
Old 07-25-2020, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Found them...however the images are no longer loading it seems.

https://www.neoseeker.com/everquest/screenshots/

Googling the properties title of the images is a poor workaround, but it's better than nothing perhaps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Everquest_image15
Old 07-25-2020, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Ennewi that's a baller link. Lots of good stuff there. Cheers
Closed Thread