Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine if you bought metric tons of malachite and chain summoned you could probably solo 55-60

Right lol. Not worth anyone's time lol
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

When you jump away from the Earth, are you escaping the earth, or are you pushing the Earth away from you? Albert Einstein had an answer, and so does Kunark melee gear and pet spells.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious, how does that work exactly?
Cast root net on one from far away. Back into corner until other comes to you out of sight of the other. Make sure pet never got agro on rooted one.
COTH self so other forgets you.
Unless coth has changed from a few years ago?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine if you bought metric tons of malachite and chain summoned you could probably solo 55-60
Don't think you will be able to do so as long as pet chaining and pet aggro are broken. You will end up with a mob ignoring your newly summoned pet and chasing until you die, gate or pet lands a lucky root

If it has been fixed (haven't played my CotH bitch on blue for more than a month now so I could not say for sure), the collective p99 mage wisdom would suggest you to chain MS2 pets which cost 33% less mana than an earth pet

Rince, repeat, profit
Old 07-11-2020, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think you will be able to do so as long as pet chaining and pet aggro are broken. You will end up with a mob ignoring your newly summoned pet and chasing until you die, gate or pet lands a lucky root

If it has been fixed (haven't played my CotH bitch on blue for more than a month now so I could not say for sure), the collective p99 mage wisdom would suggest you to chain MS2 pets which cost 33% less mana than an earth pet

Rince, repeat, profit
Granted I’m not sure what it used to look like but I haven’t had trouble with pet aggro. I have to strafe run for several seconds while my pet whacks it for a bit but other than that
Old 07-11-2020, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Granted I’m not sure what it used to look like but I haven’t had trouble with pet aggro. I have to strafe run for several seconds while my pet whacks it for a bit but other than that
This is good news. There were reports that it was impossible for the newly summoned pet to get agro off of you because the old pet agro transferred, but maybe they fixed it? Would like to get a second opinion, though.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Kobold

This strategy of COTH yourself to remove aggro no longer works I heard. The devs here do not allow you to erase aggro anymore on yourself. So you can't use it to single pull anymore, which is sad because its the only way to single pull as a mage.

To add insult to injury, the pets on this server don't seem to cast their spells as much as on live. I remember my earth pet on live would keep casting the damn root so often I would even get frustrated that it wasn't actually attacking! (I remember my earth pet literally getting a mob down to 5% health and then dying because it chain casted root instead of finishing him off). So without even pet's root being cast often enough, there is no way to split mobs using the pet's CC. And now root nets arent rechargeable I hear??

All this talk of a mage's inability to solo past 55 efficiently makes me want to re-roll into enchanter....ughhh
Old 07-12-2020, 01:25 AM
Aviak

pet agro is still pretty broken, not at all sure exactly how it works, but as you go through more pets the agro accumulated on the mage becomes progressively worse. If you let one die then switch to a second its pretty minor, after that you need to kite more and more each pet to regain agro -- most noticable while soloing allizewsaur who requires 3-4 pets. at #4 it takes about 2-3 mins of kiting

not sure if its intentional or not by the devs (i assume so), but it makes low # phinny, qwinn, dragon, whatever-else kills a lot less effective than it was on blue or live. will make sky alot harder too if people try the same cheesy strats that used to work
Old 07-12-2020, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure if its intentional or not by the devs (i assume so), but it makes low # phinny, qwinn, dragon, whatever-else kills a lot less effective than it was on blue or live. will make sky alot harder too if people try the same cheesy strats that used to work
i wonder if this is why dotted pre-charmed mobs followed me around once charmed, some sort of sticky threat coding that persisted once THEY became the pets. Was a new experience if harmless with low level oasis crocs... though I imagine positioning and amusement factor would be a lot different with CoM / KC / HS / Seb charm pets.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This strategy of COTH yourself to remove aggro no longer works I heard. The devs here do not allow you to erase aggro anymore on yourself. So you can't use it to single pull anymore, which is sad because its the only way to single pull as a mage.

To add insult to injury, the pets on this server don't seem to cast their spells as much as on live. I remember my earth pet on live would keep casting the damn root so often I would even get frustrated that it wasn't actually attacking! (I remember my earth pet literally getting a mob down to 5% health and then dying because it chain casted root instead of finishing him off). So without even pet's root being cast often enough, there is no way to split mobs using the pet's CC. And now root nets arent rechargeable I hear??

All this talk of a mage's inability to solo past 55 efficiently makes me want to re-roll into enchanter....ughhh
Unless it's been changed on blue, I think that was what mage pullers did in Chardok AoE groups to clear aggro after before someone with DA would heal them & transfer aggro to group

Will have to check self COtHing but if a mob still has aggro on your pet, aggro will transfer to you no matter how many times you CoTH yourself...

Will have to parse my logs again but I think pets (at least air & water) do cast their innate ability every tick like they did on live
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 07-12-2020 at 03:25 AM..
Closed Thread