Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 07:44 PM
Orc

Helicopter rideshares to/from airports in NYC are actually surprisingly cost effective if you're short on time.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmazur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Helicopter rideshares to/from airports in NYC are actually surprisingly cost effective if you're short on time.
This is actually very true. I have done them before when it’s been faster than waiting for my guy to fly in
Old 12-31-2020, 12:42 PM
Banned

New York in the 80s
Old 01-03-2021, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Posts on p99 to flex IRL.

all that hard work really paid off, didn’t it?
Old 01-03-2021, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posts on p99 to flex IRL.

all that hard work really paid off, didn’t it?
Sorry you sit in traffic and fly commercial
Old 01-04-2021, 03:24 PM
Aviak

I think the bigger question is, what is it about P99 and this community, that brings in the people who need to show their wealth off?

Whether it's Snortles or this guy, they still pale in success when compared to something mundane like a mid tier Youtube streamer. I mean, the items you guys show off off for wealth are literally on par with shenanigans I see from mid level Youtubers. If you're going to boast about wealth, do so in a way that would impress this community.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 01-04-2021, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the bigger question is, what is it about P99 and this community, that brings in the people who need to show their wealth off?

Whether it's Snortles or this guy, they still pale in success when compared to something mundane like a mid tier Youtube streamer. I mean, the items you guys show off off for wealth are literally on par with shenanigans I see from mid level Youtubers. If you're going to boast about wealth, do so in a way that would impress this community.
If you have a computer that plays eq with a stable enough internet connection and 6-12 hrs a day to spend on video games you are in the top 30% of ppl on this planet luxury wise.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basic/boring old human psychology perfectly explains Lulz and some of the other braggarts here. As for cd288, I'm still not sure whether he is actually serious, or just doing his best Lulz impression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
We can recognise the insecurity behind the boasting, insists Dr. Susan Whitbourne, Professor Emerita of Psychological and Brain Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, by noticing four signs:
  1. The braggart tries to make you feel insecure about yourself. In fact, they are probably projecting their insecurities onto others in order to be able to examine them.
  2. The boaster needs to showcase his/her accomplishments. The sense of inferiority at the heart of constant recitation of their great lifestyle, elite education, or genius children’s achievements are attempts to convince themselves that they are ok.
  3. The braggart does the “humblebrag” (as above) far too often. Again, look out for self-deprecatory statements that are really excuses to drop important names or identify high-status details (like the conspicuous late-model Mercedes in the background of the Facebook picture where the person in the foreground is getting you to notice his new t-shirt).
  4. The show-off frequently complains that things aren’t good enough. Examples here include the person complaining about the work travel for the high-profile job, or the rather snobbish negative assessment of an expensive restaurant meal or a performance whose tickets cost a fortune. Complainer-braggarts may be proclaiming their high standards as a way of demonstrating that they are truly better than everyone else, but it is more than that. They are also trying to prove that they hold themselves to a more demanding set of self-assessment criteria (Whitbourne, 2015).
- The Psychology Of Bragging

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like he struck some insecurities.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:

You could have said "I'm poor and butthurt about your post" in less words.
Closed Thread